Battlefield 4 Multiplayer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
I love the series, but this looks similar enough to skip, especially considering the asking price. If BF3 ends up being too difficult to find good servers to play on, I may cave.

Last edited:

96Firebird

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
I thought I noticed some stuttering...

I kid, I kid! :D

But in all seriousness, it reminds me a lot of BF3. Not to say that is a bad thing, as BF3 is a great game, but I was looking for something new and better. This seems like a rehash, like the COD series. Honestly, I'd almost rather play BF1942 with DC mod and bring back CTF...

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Pass, when they wise up and make a BF game that is multiplayer only and focus just on multiplayer i'm in. BF3 was fun, but it was so boring after the first couple months because the same maps over and over.

This does not look exciting or better looking that BF3 imo.

Pandamonia

Jun 13, 2013
Pass, when they wise up and make a BF game that is multiplayer only and focus just on multiplayer i'm in. BF3 was fun, but it was so boring after the first couple months because the same maps over and over.

This does not look exciting or better looking that BF3 imo.

Its a damn sight better than the COD dejavu i have every year. Based on a crap 10 year old engine with graphics of PS2.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I thought I noticed some stuttering...

I kid, I kid! :D

But in all seriousness, it reminds me a lot of BF3. Not to say that is a bad thing, as BF3 is a great game, but I was looking for something new and better. This seems like a rehash, like the COD series. Honestly, I'd almost rather play BF1942 with DC mod and bring back CTF...

Honestly, I think it could be time for a new WW2 game. Imagine WW2 but with the dynamics of today's games (destructable environments, ledge hopping, customizable weapons).

Screw Frostbite. Bring back Day of Defeat!

Pandamonia

Jun 13, 2013
Honestly, I think it could be time for a new WW2 game. Imagine WW2 but with the dynamics of today's games (destructable environments, ledge hopping, customizable weapons).

Yes using iron sights for hours is a ton of fun. Same with 5 bullets per clip

i think ill stick to this era. WW2 is done to death.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
Yes using iron sights for hours is a ton of fun. Same with 5 bullets per clip

i think ill stick to this era. WW2 is done to death.

And this are isn't?

Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops
Black Ops II
Call of Duty Ghosts
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Heck, even BF2 at the time of its release was modern.

And that's just two games...

Pandamonia

Jun 13, 2013
And this are isn't?

Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops
Black Ops II
Call of Duty Ghosts
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Heck, even BF2 at the time of its release was modern.

And that's just two games...

MW1+2
BFBC2
BF3

Only games worth playing.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004

I agree. They should bring back WWII. I think it would be way better with the all new destruction.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
MW1+2
BFBC2
BF3

Only games worth playing.

But we're talking about whats "over done" weather you don't want to play them or not, doesn't change the fact that they were done and have been saturating the FPS MP scene for the past decade.

You can't say WWII is "done to death" and modern shooters aren't. The numbers don't support that. You may prefer one over the other, but that isn't the same thing.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Fingers remain crossed for a BF2144 in the future... or didn't EA pay for rights to the SW games? I'd play the heck out of a Battlefront reboot on Frostbite 3.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It looks cool, but I'll wait until it goes down in price and they bundle it into a "Premium" pack with all the DLC (like they did with BF3).

No reason for me to fork out $60 for it on release. As mentioned above, it just looks like more of the same.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
So far it looks like what BF3 should have been, decent squad size, spectator, commander, what looks like much better destruction. Is there word on battlerecorder, I assume there will be since we have spectator mode but I want to know for sure. I also hope we don't get another crappy "art" direction with everything washed out. But so far it's looking like it's going to be great.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
WW2 was done to death in the early 2000s. Then MW came along and now near-future is done to death.

Actually, we should bring back BF2142. Future combat hasn't been done to death yet!

Will Robinson

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2009
They were supposed to be bringing out BF1943 which was for the Pacific campaign featuring Zeros V Corsairs and Hellcats etc.
I'm still waiting...:\

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
I want a Battlefield 1947+, alternate history version as if someone took a defibrillator to the Third Reich and kept it rolling along for a few years. Technology was moving along at such a rate by the end of WWII, so many exciting new things almost came to fruition. I know there was the 'Secret Weapons of WWII', but I want more.

I wonder if we would have dropped the bomb on Germany...

Probably not!

rgallant

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2007
WW2 was done to death in the early 2000s. Then MW came along and now near-future is done to death.

Actually, we should bring back BF2142. Future combat hasn't been done to death yet!
ha 750 + hours was done to death for me [2142]

Last edited:

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
unnnnnhhh.. the structural pillar shot w/ the tank sold me.

This game looks so incredible.. we truly are living in a golden age of gaming IMO.

brandon888

Jun 28, 2012
i love BF3 ... but it more looks like FB 2.5 not FB 3.0 .... it's like BF3 Graphs on steroids ... with some better effects ... like explosions , lightning and such ...

Gameplay changed to good for sure .... commander mode is cool ... shanghai map is great also and naval battle is welcome .... well i will take premium pack ;)