Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
I should be good :thumbsup:

First thought...

"Wow, I hope Youtube is causing the poor quality"

Second thought...

"Wow, that destruction is far better than even BFBC2"

Third thought...

"Besides the destruction, this looks exactly like BF3, I hope it's because of Youtube or Alpha"

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

First thought...

Second thought...

Third thought...

"Besides the destruction, this looks exactly like BF3, I hope it's because of Youtube or Alpha"

Funny, I had the exact same train of thought.

Graphically it doesn't look any different from BF3. The environment is a lot better though.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Just watched this trailer....looks like lots of card busting graphics:p and perhaps a chance for Physx to shine?

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/gameplay/multiplayer

Since BF4 is an AMD backed game, there is just about zero chance for PhysX. But maybe some OpenCL physics support?

To me the environments look much more detailed. The graphics fidelity looks about the same.

This is a better video to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJY7n8KaOY

Be sure to select 1080P for quality. But there is still quite a bit of compression. Looks like the source video they uploaded was not great. As I have seen much better quality video before.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
Looks like a higher poly count on the buildings and guns, and the destruction looks nicely improved but more of an evolutionary change from BF3, not a revolutionary one. I'm ok with that though, it's not like BF3 looks bad by any means. Which makes sense really, I think DICE is probably already working on a true "next gen" BF for the consoles, that's when we should expect to see something spectacular.

imported_bman

Jul 29, 2007
To me the environments look much more detailed. The graphics fidelity looks about the same.

This is a better video to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJY7n8KaOY

Be sure to select 1080P for quality. But there is still quite a bit of compression. Looks like the source video they uploaded was not great. As I have seen much better quality video before.

Thanks for the better video.

Hard to tell much difference between this and BF3 to me. Only thing that stood out was the texture detail on the soldier at 3:40. Looks like there are quite a few place holder models, the gun boat was really lacking in detail. Wished they would of showed off something like Caspian Border, instead of the level they did.

Last edited:

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I'll be picking it up. I love the BF series. I didn't play much of BF3, but it was fun when I did.

Vaux

May 24, 2013
WWII has been done a lot by many games. I would like to see another Vietnam era battlefield.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010

First thought...

Second thought...

Third thought...

I have to agree, I didn't think this was impressive, apart from building destruction it's more of the same with mediocre quality graphics....sorry cutting edge graphics from 2011...:confused:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
So what are the claims here? That this was actual multiplayer gameplay or is this just a demo of the graphics and what multiplayer could be?

I viewed it at first as multiplayer gameplay and turned it off due to the obvious BS with that.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
So what are the claims here? That this was actual multiplayer gameplay or is this just a demo of the graphics and what multiplayer could be?

I viewed it at first as multiplayer gameplay and turned it off due to the obvious BS with that.

Obvious BS? It is multi-player. They have 64 PC's setup at E3 to show it off.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Oh of course they had people playing their parts in order to best show off things. Thats to be expected.

I guess I'm just really jaded from watching BF3 multiplayer trailers and then what multiplayer actually turns into. :'(

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
I guess I'm just really jaded from watching BF3 multiplayer trailers and then what multiplayer actually turns into. :'(

There was a 3 day stream of MP during E3 that was not scripted. It's too late now I guess.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
You really think those helicopter scenes and the falling tank weren't scripted? D:

The footage posted on DICE's youtube channel is scripted, but the videos I posted from gametrailers are actually from people just playing at E3 with commentary from DICE and one of the gametrailers guys. There are clearly some people who don't know that they are doing and the commentators don't know that to expect.