Battlefield 3 Mod - Remove Blue Tint = Permaban

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
or its the uncanny valley effect, the attempt to be "realistic" just makes it more obvious that it looks like counterstrike.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
Battlefield 3 anti-cheat update

By: trydling Posted: 2 hours ago

Briefing.jpg

Hi all. We just wanted to give you a short update on our anti-cheat measures and how we think about a couple of aspects regarding this in Battlefield 3. As you know, we are always striving to keep Battlefield 3 as fair as possible of a game. This takes many shapes and forms, including (but not limited to): Reading the reports that you file; Analyzing player behavior and stats to catch potential cheaters; And hiring more people with the full-time job of increasing our anti-cheat measures and decreasing our response times.

To make sure that everyone on the Battlefield plays multiplayer on equal terms, we also want to make sure that the game files have not been compromised for any reason. For us, a changed game file indicates the user is trying to affect the game to get the upper hand in multiplayer, whether that’s by modifying the graphics or making the game otherwise behave in a manner that is not as designed. We will not differentiate between someone who has modified the game for reasons he thinks are benign and a player doing it to cause grief online.

Players tampering with the game files for any reason need to know that this is against DICE and EA policy and is grounds for banning. Everyone else just needs to know that we will always strive to create a fair online gaming environment.

For more information on what you can do if you play against someone that you suspect is cheating, check this previous Battlelog News post.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
If you don't like the drab look play CQ or AK, those maps are much nicer looking and actually have good looking color.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Now they just need to ban the guys who you put 3 shells from the DAO into and they have 100% health still.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I can honestly say I'm color blind with different shades, and putting a hue over everything is almost like comparing it to a cop shinning his mag light into my eyes through the entire game.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I can honestly say I'm color blind with different shades, and putting a hue over everything is almost like comparing it to a cop shinning his mag light into my eyes through the entire game.

That sounds more like the glare from the sun :p

I'm pretty red-green colorblind and haven't really had much trouble. IMO it's much easier to look for movement than color.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Wow, your lack of common sense/over abundance of ignorance is absolutely amazing. Kudos to anyone with the amount of patience required to being stuck with you

The game looks like you are wrapping a blue tinted saran wrap over your eyes...

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9194/dfghfgh.png

This has absolutely nothing to do with realism, and more to do with the fact that you can't tell what the hell anything is. Everything is washed out, glarey, and overly BLUE. Remove the tint and you see the real deal...the graphics aren't that super awesome.

DICE: "2143 is in the works with uber awesome graphics!!!!"
http://i.imgur.com/HNt6F.jpg

I agree the guy is an ignorant dickhead, but you arent supposed to call him an ignorant dickhead. Not in the software forum anyway. Just try to argue the points, not insult the person.