Battlefield 2042 - official thread

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I finally got a 1440p monitor and it is g-sync or g-sync compatible. How do I know it's working in 2042? In the Nvidia control panel display - set up g-sync is enabled for full screen. In 3d settings Global settings - Manage 3d settings - Monitor technology is set to g-sync compatible. Vsync is off. Program settings - BF2042 - Monitor technology says Use global setting (g-sync compatible). Vsync is off. There was a setting along the top to display when g-sync was working but that setting is now gone.

Edit: Nevermind. I see the little green g-sync indicator in the top right corner. It must have been covered up by the nvidia overlay. Doh!

Last edited:
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I feel like an a-hole for saying this.
The above is the sole reason I didn’t buy the game. Too much bs to log into it and I had to use a different account name from my steam name.
Well you saved yourself some money. If you want to get the game though when I launch through Steam, it runs an Origin thin client and doesn't require me to login each time. It takes longer to launch though since it needs to go through the extra step.

Shmee

Memory and Storage, Graphics Cards
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I wonder if it is still possible to get a refund through steam. Anyone know?

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I wonder if it is still possible to get a refund through steam. Anyone know?
You could have months back when people were requesting them but if you have played more than 2hrs or so I don't think you can get it now unless you recently purchased. Might as well email them and complain, some people have had success.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Well it's now almost impossible to win a game playing solo with beginner bots for me. Before the last 2 updates it was a toss up. Not only that they keep nerfing the fun things in the game that helps folks like me who play casually and want to have fun. They've also removed 128 player breakthrough although they could have easily left it in and let those complaining play on a 64 player server. I just don't get why people are so determined to remove options from games that let others play they way they want to play.

Feb 4, 2009
Kind of understandable why they killed the 128 player map if they couldn’t reliably fill it but it is also a huge bummer. I was hoping 2042 would finally nudge shooters into bigger maps instead of smaller COD maps.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Makes sense why the 128 player maps were taken out. It took forever to get anywhere in the beginning and also the map design in general was very bad. Lots of open empty space with no destructible pieces of the environment around to at least make it interesting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Artorias PC Games 26
H PC Games 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY