Battlefield 2 installing troubles..

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
I just received my new Dell computer installed with Vista.

The only programs I've installed are AVG and Adaware SE.

Ok, here's my problem (this is the Deluxe Edition BTW):

I put in the first disk (installation disk.) Vista says "do you want to run this program?" and chose yes. Battlefield begins to install. Then, after only installing for 45 seconds, I get an error saying: "Failed to install Battlefield 2, please try again." I look on the install process, and apparently it stopped on \objects_server.zip.

So then I try again. But this time after putting in the disk, I click cancel when Vista comes up asking "Do you want to install this program?" Instead, I go to my computer and select the program from there. I enter the code for both battlefield 2 and special forces (I can skip special forces) and select continue. Instead of opting for the complete install, I went for the custom install hoping this would solve the problem. I still selected all the available programs. I don't know, I thought perhaps this would help.

The game installed...and guess what? I get the same exact error.

I've been googling vista - battlefield 2 help pages but none seem to help.

Suggestions and comments will be GREATLY appreciated.

Moved to the proper forum.

esquared
Anandtech Senior Moderator

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
And for the love, please don't recommend me to reinstall XP. I don't have a spare copy, and lack the cash to buy another one.

thanks!

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
same thing happens to me when my CD is extra dirty... run it under water and dry it... if that doesnt work might have to find another source to install with