Battlefield 2 1.3 patch notes

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Leaked via Battlefield2.n

PATCH 1.30 OFFICIAL CHANGE LIST

· NEW FEATURES
- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.

- Co-op:
Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both Al controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that will spawn in game.
Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC, Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.
Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is easiest, 100 is the most difficult.

- Default Kit Selection:
The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between maps.

· BUG FIXES & GAME PLAY TWEAKS
? Fixed issues with remote console and linux server
? Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
? Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.
? Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.
? If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.
? Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.
? Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets
? Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.
? Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality
? Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.
? Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.
? Fixed repairing HIJD for the engineer when in a vehicle
? Added custom messages for server so that private messages may be sent directly to a player. Messages may be sent from the server using the following command in the console.
hostsgl_sendTextMessage( playerid, channelid, typeid. text, flags )
Here is an example: host.sgl_sendTextMessage( 0, 14, 1, ?Message goes here?, 0 )
? Adjusted award criteria
? Added deterrent system against alternative ranking
? Fixed Linux server crash: A ranked server that can no longer connect to the GameSpy
backend will become an unranked server.
? Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using
?connect to IP?
? Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account
? Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
the air dropped vehicles should be pretty neat. wonder if it is just the lighter vehicles as i really don't know how one could air drop a 60ton tank. maybe humvee and apcs?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
like I said in the other thread, when are they going to fix the whacky vehicle physics where a tank will slide down a moderate grade slope as if it was on top of a giant snowboard in the Alps ?

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MBrown
How big is this patch going to be?

the airdrop feature is a play on the one in BF vietnam, where heli's can fly around, and drop jeeps and stuff.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP

the airdrop feature is a play on the one in BF vietnam, where heli's can fly around, and drop jeeps and stuff.

in bf:v you had to first acquire a vehicle on the chain. is that what this is supposed to be? this is not really a air drop, but more of a equipment movement. so would the commander need to order a blackhawk to pick up a humvee and then move it to point X? i think this will be useless if it this way as it would slow the blackhawk down and people with pkms and the vehicle mounted heavy machines guns will chew them up. especially the mec helo as it already a flying turd...no offense, but man i hope you are wrong

pavester

Oct 4, 2005
Originally posted by: bob4432

in bf:v you had to first acquire a vehicle on the chain. is that what this is supposed to be? this is not really a air drop, but more of a equipment movement. so would the commander need to order a blackhawk to pick up a humvee and then move it to point X? i think this will be useless if it this way as it would slow the blackhawk down and people with pkms and the vehicle mounted heavy machines guns will chew them up. especially the mec helo as it already a flying turd...no offense, but man i hope you are wrong

What bfv had was more of player controlled vehicle movement, whereas bf2 "airdrop" feature should be. A player calls to the commander for soem sort of light vehicl support and the commander grants it, and a jeep/fav/nanjing/dpv floats on three parachutes. Then lands ready to use.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: pavester

What bfv had was more of player controlled vehicle movement, whereas bf2 "airdrop" feature should be. A player calls to the commander for soem sort of light vehicl support and the commander grants it, and a jeep/fav/nanjing/dpv floats on three parachutes. Then lands ready to use.

I think that is a downright stupid idea. It rewards players for wondering off into the middle of nowhere without working with their team to capture an objective.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Injury
Originally posted by: pavester

I think that is a downright stupid idea. It rewards players for wondering off into the middle of nowhere without working with their team to capture an objective.

i am commander a lot and unless you are a squad leader you cannot talk via voip to the commander. unless there was a team that was having a reason to be "out there" i don't think many commander would drop them a vehicle, more than likely not to a couple of lone wolfs. i am sure these vehicles will be used sparingly like artillery, at least i hope they will.

deagz

Nov 29, 2005
If I can ask a related topic, does anybody know how to turn off that annoying guy who keeps giving you tips during gameplay? I reformatted my computer and now I have to live through that annoying SOB again.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: deagz
If I can ask a related topic, does anybody know how to turn off that annoying guy who keeps giving you tips during gameplay? I reformatted my computer and now I have to live through that annoying SOB again.

i don't know how to turn him off, but i thought it went away after a short time of gaming.....

Ojibewa

Jan 7, 2005
I cant say at this point, due to NDA..

everyone should know in around a week or so...

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Ojibewa
I cant say at this point, due to NDA..

everyone should know in around a week or so...

great! we have our own personal whipping boy now!!!

Ojibewa

Jan 7, 2005
Later today we will announce the Battlefield 2: Armored Fury? booster pack for Battlefield 2? which brings all-out mechanized battles to US soil for the first time. Maps set in the US have been requested by the community for quite some time, and we are pleased to deliver three that set the stage for huge armored warfare battles.

3 NEW MAPS
Operation Midnight Sun: The conflict spreads near the Pacific Ocean in a key battle for the Alaskan port of Valdez, where Chinese forces are attempting to secure much-needed fuel from the pipeline.
Operation Harvest: The MEC army begins their march East towards the U.S. Capital, and American forces must stall the advance long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
Operation Road Rage: The MEC forces have infiltrated deep into the USA, and are using the highways to move quickly towards key industrial sites that are dangerously near civilian areas.
To balance the wide-open tank battles with aerial firepower, six new vehicles will be introduced, including 3 scout helos such as the MD 530 ?Little Bird?, and 3 ground attack aircraft like the A10 Warthog.

In addition, patch 1.3 is on the way, and with it comes single player co-op support, so you can grab a friend and tackle the bots as a team. More details to follow, so stay frosty!

flyboy84

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2004
whoa cool indian scout is on AT :p

Hey can I ask a question about BF ROE? Are servers that say "High points" but just have 16 slots and a 64 player map size considered a violation?

Ojibewa

Jan 7, 2005
as of right now no, but I think thats about to change tho with the ROE update thats coming..

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
EA posted this late Monday

Attention Soldiers!

Later today we will announce the Battlefield 2: Armored Fury? booster pack for Battlefield 2? which brings all-out mechanized battles to US soil for the first time. Maps set in the US have been requested by the community for quite some time, and we are pleased to deliver three that set the stage for huge armored warfare battles.

3 NEW MAPS

Operation Midnight Sun: The conflict spreads near the Pacific Ocean in a key battle for the Alaskan port of Valdez, where Chinese forces are attempting to secure much-needed fuel from the pipeline.
Operation Harvest: The MEC army begins their march East towards the U.S. Capital, and American forces must stall the advance long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
Operation Road Rage: The MEC forces have infiltrated deep into the USA, and are using the highways to move quickly towards key industrial sites that are dangerously near civilian areas.
To balance the wide-open tank battles with aerial firepower, six new vehicles will be introduced, including 3 scout helos such as the MD 530 ?Little Bird?, and 3 ground attack aircraft like the A10 Warthog.

In addition, patch 1.3 is on the way, and with it comes single player co-op support, so you can grab a friend and tackle the bots as a team. More details to follow, so stay frosty!

EA should just go ahead and change a $5 monthly fee for BF2 and get it over with and provide this and more content via subscribers.

pavester

Oct 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
EA posted this late Monday

Attention Soldiers!

3 NEW MAPS

EA should just go ahead and change a $5 monthly fee for BF2 and get it over with and provide this and more content via subscribers.

fvck no!!!!