Battlefield 1 released!

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Which one is that? They list them as
Standard Edition
Deluxe Edition
Ultimate Edition

Unless you care about weapon skins, get the Standard edition. If you like the game you can buy the premium pass for the DLC release in 2017.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Haven't even played the new map yet. every time i join i get put in the crap rotation of suez, monte grappa, and fao fortress.

I kind of want to try the standard issue rifles mode before i totally quit, but seems the servers are always full (or empty), or have high ping.

I haven't/can't try the standard issue rifles thing, but I imagine it being similar to an all snipers game.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
I'm starting to get a lot of DX crashes again.
Also, Origin refuses to let me join servers. Keep starting to join and then kicks me with an unknown error message.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Not sure what's up with the custom games servers. Almost all hardcore options have zero players in the servers. Not sure why this is occuring, it's been like this for a few weeks.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
The more I play BF1, the less I like it. I'm not sure what it is, it's just not that fun and I don't know why.

The ranking system sucks, weapons are meh, they took away the ending round screen where you are ranked, and the maps/objectives feel like you are going around in a merry go round.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Also, Origin refuses to let me join servers. Keep starting to join and then kicks me with an unknown error message.

I had those issues - then I reset my display settings under nvidia to default and it helped a lot. Ambient Occlusion or Tessellation was causing it to hang.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001

DX11 or 12? I had no issues with 12 until a month ago. Switched back to 11 and gained a few FPS and zero crashes.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Not sure what's up with the custom games servers. Almost all hardcore options have zero players in the servers. Not sure why this is occuring, it's been like this for a few weeks.

Hardcore is not that popular, usually I see about 2-3 conquest, 1 rush, maybe 1 domination server populated. You need to check the free slots in the filters, otherwise it will almost always just list the first 50 servers which are empty.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hardcore would be popular, just like it was in BF4, if it was easier to find hardcore servers. The matchmaking, half assed server browser, and rental server rules are ruining this game. Its like DICE is giving us the middle finger and saying play it our way or no way to their most loyal BF players.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Hardcore would be popular, just like it was in BF4, if it was easier to find hardcore servers. The matchmaking, half assed server browser, and rental server rules are ruining this game. Its like DICE is giving us the middle finger and saying play it our way or no way to their most loyal BF players.
It seems that way. Looks like they won't be working on another battlefield either for some time as they want to focus on battlefront. I didn't like battlefront. It was cool at first but after a few matches I didn't really enjoy it the same way. Server browser and the friendly tags are what needs to be fixed here. Although I don't think they will do it.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Are playable servers for Asia only located in Japan and Australia? I get a good selection here in Japan and very low ping. But I see tons of guys coming on the Japanese servers from places like China, they have high ping, and it's ruining some games.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Are playable servers for Asia only located in Japan and Australia? I get a good selection here in Japan and very low ping. But I see tons of guys coming on the Japanese servers from places like China, they have high ping, and it's ruining some games.
We feel your pain! Playable servers for Europe and South America must only be located in the US because our servers are always full of Euros and Brazilians who ruin our games with their crazy high pings. LOL

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Geeeeeeeeeez. Haven't played in a few weeks, then my video card died and I was forced to replace it with something modern and now I'm back.............. And I was greeted with one or two people who kept using the N-word in the chat window, non-stop, arguing with other people over it. Doesn't help that there are African-American soldiers so they get triggered often.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Finally had a game last night where 4 of my buddies were on. It was so much better playing with a full squad and the banter than follows. But one had the game crash each time the map changed. After 3 times he just left.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
It seems that way. Looks like they won't be working on another battlefield either for some time as they want to focus on battlefront. I didn't like battlefront. It was cool at first but after a few matches I didn't really enjoy it the same way. Server browser and the friendly tags are what needs to be fixed here. Although I don't think they will do it.

I was worried about that. I really didn't like the direction they took with Battlefront and this new engine they adapted to the battlefield series. It just does not work for me. The animation seems cartoonish, and feels more like luck/chance than the war sim it use to be.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I'm not sucking as much anymore after playing so much... but I am really really getting turned off by the "community." My VOIP is off/muted, so I don't hear the "children." The chat screen is a different story.

Wah, waaaaa, waaaa, I take a stupid game too seriously, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, my team sucks but I'm scoring near the bottom on it, waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you're not playing how I want you to play, waaaaaaaaa.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I'm not sucking as much anymore after playing so much... but I am really really getting turned off by the "community." My VOIP is off/muted, so I don't hear the "children." The chat screen is a different story.

Wah, waaaaa, waaaa, I take a stupid game too seriously, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, my team sucks but I'm scoring near the bottom on it, waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you're not playing how I want you to play, waaaaaaaaa.
You can turn that off too, just hit H to switch between always on, when active, or off.

Is there any online game that isnt filled with idiots?

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Got my pilot's "Icarus" medal today, Im getting more adept with these antique flying machines. ;)

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
You can turn that off too, just hit H to switch between always on, when active, or off.

Is there any online game that isnt filled with idiots?

Good point. I gave up on multiplayer around 2010 because of the badmouthing and "children" -- they're not children, it's teenagers and 20+ year olds, probably 30+ too.

Edit: And Tank Hunter landcruiser's Tankgewehr is messed up. Kept pumping Tankgewehr shots into a Light Tank yesterday and my side gunner even got a hit or two, no damage logged from more than half the shots. Did not see anything bounce off either.

Last edited:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
lol.. the people who play this game.

There was an obvious cheater with a random keyboard mashed name in the server. Saw him kill heavy tanks (I was in a few of them) with a light tank from full health to zero in 1 second or less -- the flanker light tank with the rapid fire can't kill a heavy/light tank with a full 15 round mag of its main gun, I've tried point blank. One time, he teleported across the map to headshot snipe me from the other end after killing the heavy tank I was in -- I bailed just in time and ran the other way. I stupidly stuck around hoping to avoid him for like 3 maps so I saw him do impossible one-hit kills many other times too. His score was also stupidly high. Someone else spectated and confirmed it, but the cheater wasn't really the problem.

People on both teams were calling out the cheater, but a few other players were insulting the people calling the cheater out and even defending the cheater...

Edit: Found a YouTube video of a damage hack. Guy in a light flanker tank doing way more damage than normal, destroys planes and an airship. Just search for "Battlefield 1 damage hack." Also found videos of speed hacks, no clip, auto-aim, wall hackers, "radar," etc.

Last edited:

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Can anyone else not Alt Tab out of the game anymore in windowed borderless mode ? I can do it but once there Firefox or Thunderbird won't open on the screen.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
does anyone know how the vehicle respond if there's any kind of rhythm or time interval for them? Airplanes responding about every 90 seconds when I checked, but I waited so long for a tank that he ended up getting booted from the server as an active player?

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
What the hell happened to this site?!? Threadlike this used to have dozens of posts a day. Now there's nothing about battlefield for months, what's the deal?