Batman: Arkham City, DirectX11 and lag on a modern and strong system.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Does this game still have lag problems in DX11? I bought it on Steam a month ago or so..

Gaming with my sig rig. i7 2600K@4.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2x ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II in SLI (Last card for PhysX and SLI).

I experience a little lag with 4xMSAA, everything else maxed out and PhysX maxed at High.

I know there are almost no visual difference in this game with DX9 VS DX11, but I thought by now they would have sorted out these lag problems in DX11.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005

You asked if it stilled lagged, i said no, then you post a link from March saying this might fix it.

Which is BEFORE the patch that actually fixed it.

So you installed the game and played it and had problems, did not install the game and just assumed it has problems? How exactly does ones mind work like that..

I just fired it up and ran around and zero issues on GTX sli 580 dx 11 with everything cranked up fyi.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
You asked if it stilled lagged, i said no, then you post a link from March saying this might fix it.

Which is BEFORE the patch that actually fixed it.

So you installed the game and played it and had problems, did not install the game and just assumed it has problems? How exactly does ones mind work like that..

I just fired it up and ran around and zero issues on GTX sli 580 dx 11 with everything cranked up fyi.

I've been playing the game the last week. I asked because I feel it lags in DX11 (Not silky smooth). At least in many areas, but not all.

So I started this thread asking other people. Then I searched Google and found this "fix". It did not cure it for me. Still feels a little laggy in DX11.

Last edited:

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Don't know what to tell you then, maybe different drivers. Newest ones for me work great.

I use the latest 304.48 betas. I have Vsync disabled and did the ini mod to allow FPS to go past 62FPS. When I tested it an hour ago I also used MSAA x8, everything at max and PhysX on max. I can't remember seeing the FPS much under 60FPS.

Maybe I should try disabling SLI and dedicate my lower GTX 670 for PhysX? I have sat SLI, and AUTO. It sets the second card for both SLI and PhysX. I was recommended doing this, since the latest beta drivers was supposed to handle this fine.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
You should not have to mess with anything in control panel for physx. Everything in game.

I've never modded the ini file for anything as well, never had a problem with fps going past 62fps..not sure what that was about.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Game runs like crap for me (more than occasional slowdown), so I stopped playing it awhile back. My specs are below. Just a shitty porting job IMO.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I run it on a q9550 + GTX570.
Runs fine for me at 1920x1200 and I'm pretty sure all the settings are turned up.
Don't really like the game enough to care. Just playing through because I paid for it already.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
I have high FPS, the problem is it lags a bit. Like when opening doors or using the batrope to get quickly to another location. It's not as smooth as I feel it should have been.

I also have it installed on my Crucial M4 2x 256GB Raid 0 Array, so it cannot be due to loading. I just tried disabling SLI, and just use the second card for PhysX. Did not improve the situation.

Also tried DX9. Got even higher FPS, but I still feels it lags a bit.