Batch process to creating folders?

Noo

Oct 11, 2013
I have all these movies that sit in one giant folder and I would like to put each individual movies in their own folder. The thing is that I don't want to manually create and name the folder for each movies. Is there an app or something that will automatically create the folder based on the file name?

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
You can probably write a DOS batch program

First output the file names to a text file, then trim or clean the names in the text file is you wish, Then add "md" command in from of each line and wrap it into a DOS batch file, that will create directories
Then in the original txt dump file add "move" in front of each line and add destination folder, which is basically the same name and again, wrap it into a batch file.

With a little help from excel its pretty easy thing to do...

Noo

Oct 11, 2013
You can probably write a DOS batch program

First output the file names to a text file, then trim or clean the names in the text file is you wish, Then add "md" command in from of each line and wrap it into a DOS batch file, that will create directories
Then in the original txt dump file add "move" in front of each line and add destination folder, which is basically the same name and again, wrap it into a batch file.

With a little help from excel its pretty easy thing to do...
That's what I did, and it's working beautifully. The batch file automatically create a folder name based on the file name. It then move the file into that folder. Awesome.