baseball player hits homerun on first pitch of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
http://m.twins.mlb.com/news/article...eddie-rosario-homers-on-first-pitch-of-career

Eddie Rosario didn't waste any time making an impact in his Major League debut.

Rosario, starting two days after being called up from Triple-A Rochester, homered on the first pitch he saw from A's left-hander Scott Kazmir on Wednesday to give Minnesota a 1-0 lead in the third inning of the Twins' 13-0 win. He became the first Twins player to homer on his first big league pitch and just the 29th player in Major League history to accomplish the feat.
"It was an awesome moment," Rosario said. "To have your first-bat and hit the first pitch for a home run. I was just trying to be aggressive."

"It was pretty cool," Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson said. "He got the silent treatment for a little bit. But after we congratulated him, he just sat on the bench. He just gets it. The only thing he said was, 'Man. What a moment.' And that's exactly what it was to hit a home run on the first pitch and have your family here to experience it."

How cool is that

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Wow, I think Baseball is as boring as hell, but I can appreciate that. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the only highlight of his career.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
cool bro story:
Mike Blowers gets called up from the minors by the Yankees. They are on a road trip, second stop, Seattle.
Yankees send a limo for his family (very class act), and he gets a hit off Randy Johnson in his second AB.
My wife lived next door to Mike and went to school with him.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I was at the Tuffy Rhodes game for the cubs. For a brief moment these two guys were perfect. Hopefully this guy has a better career.

Status
Not open for further replies.