Bannon turning on Trump...

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
or just trying to distance himself from something?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-blasts-apos-javanka-022928120.html

He said it was Kushner who encouraged Trump to fire FBI director James Comey. “It’s the dumbest political decision in modern political history, bar none,” Bannon insisted, calling it a “self-inflicted wound of massive proportions.”

Bannon didn’t exactly gush about his old boss, either.

“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” he told writer Gabriel Sherman, and reportedly told a friend last month that he believes the president has “lost a step.” He joked to Vanity Fair that Trump is “like an 11-year-old child.”

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It would be nice to witness an all out war between the alt right and the Trump admin, but I suspect both sides will just stick their heads in the sand and pretend this stuff never happened.

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
If this article makes it past kelly and old trump gets to twitter it could get interesting.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The hilarious part is that Bannon assumed he was ever going to get the presidency he wanted. Trump has always been an 11-year-old child in an adult's body. Everything has to be about him; he's petty and spiteful; he's clueless about how most things work, even though he thinks he knows everything; and of course, he certainly eats like an 11-year-old.

With that said, I'm happy to see the hard right turn on itself. It's a camp that's all about greed, authoritarian power grabs and egos, so it really needs to collapse as quickly as possible.

Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yes please, an eggnog redwine induced broadside from Bannon and a twitter shit storm response back from Trump .. queue beatles; let it burn let it burn, let it burn let it burn, whisper-tweets-of-retarded-selfincriminating-shit, let it bun, let it burn.

Last edited:

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Bannon ... reportedly told a friend last month that he believes ... Trump “lost a step.”
WTF?

Who helped put the freaking <syllable-of-choice>tard in office in the first place? He never had "a step" in the first place.He's no different now than he was 5 years ago. Problem is, virtually no one who voted for him knows or cares what he was actually like 5 years ago...

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
It would be nice to witness an all out war between the alt right and the Trump admin, but I suspect both sides will just stick their heads in the sand and pretend this stuff never happened.

Agreed because what would the next best option for both.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Heh, that's a pretty vain and obvious attempt at trying to remain relevant, especially after that debacle both he and Trump experienced over in Alabama. If I recall, after that embarrassing Repub loss where these two idiots and the Repub party made abject fools of themselves, Trump blamed Bannon for erroneously talking him and that rubber stamping Congress of theirs into going all out and in for Moore.

It was a gamble that these guys and the party itself took in throwing all in for Moore and when the gamble blew up in their faces, instead of remaining united and resolute, Trump separates himself from Moore and the Repub leadership and as always, blames others for his own mistakes. He simply won't take personal responsibility for his actions which is totally unlike what a truly qualified leader would do.

With all of that in mind, I really can't blame Bannon for firing back at Trump, but it's still a very comical situation where you have two very vain and self-aggrandizing idiots blaming each other for the embarrassments their partnership has caused themselves. That Bannon hitched himself to Trump to forge his own path to fame, glory and power is in itself a stupid thing to do, but he's got no one to blame but himself for that.

His gambit to be the Rasputin in Trump's Despotic Monarchy looks to be a loser all the way around. Ask Trump's wife and kids about their love/hate relationship with Daddy Trump. I suspect it's going to be the same situation with his Cabinet and Congress where they need him to forward their own personal quests for fame, fortune and power yet absolutely revile and despise the guy for who he actually is as a person.