Ballpoint pen exploded in clothes dryer...

ZapZilla

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Now I need ink remover not so much for the clothes, but for the white enamel surface of the dryer drum.

I tried a graffitti ink remover and it did not work well: took a little bit off but left much behind.

This is only a one month old dryer too!

I'm afraid to dry any whites until I can clean the ink out.

Anyone know of a good ball point ink remover I can get?

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
eek that does suck.

hate it even more when you leave money in your pockets and they come out all messed up. redefines money laundering. well. doesn't redefine it. just is a case of it?

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
pre treat the stains I think, you might need to go with bleach and a tooth brush or something.

ZapZilla

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tried hairspray...Not easy to find in the grocery store these days...no go.

Lemon juice, no dice.

The heat must have impregnated the ink permanently into the white enamel finish.

Now, I've some smeary areas where some of the chemicals sorta worked.

If I would have left it alone, it almost would look like the blue speckles were part of the design and supposed to be there.

Going to try rubbing alcohol next.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to try carberator cleaner tomorrow.

And if that doesn't work, then I'll have to live with it and hope it won't come off on my clothes, or get out my orbital sander.

What a freaking mess.

Check those pockets before you put stuff in the drier.

I'll try and get some picks up tomorrow evening.

deejayshakur

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2000
i put my old nokia 8290 thru the wash once. came out unscathed. of course i had a plastic condom case on it so that helped. is the washer under warranty?

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Disclaimer: I have no idea if this will actually work.

My dad once had a really bad stain on a shirt (note how this is not enamel) and he got this tiny little bottle of stuff that pretty much kicked the stain in the nads and beat it with a baseball bat, then incinerated it's bloody pulp of a body with a flamethower. No more stain. It was called 'Carbona' Stain Devils #3 (for fabrics- they might make something that would work better for you). Tiny yellow bottle, odd rectangular-ish shape.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
Originally posted by: zimu
eek that does suck.

hate it even more when you leave money in your pockets and they come out all messed up. redefines money laundering. well. doesn't redefine it. just is a case of it?

Ahh thats not so bad.. money has a cloth woven into it anyways.. try washing a payroll check.. now THAT sucks. I did that a few months ago right after the husbands company had a short term shut down so no one was around to replace the friggen thing.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think the reason hair spray is supposed to work, is because it used to have lacquer in it. That may not be the case these days. If I'm right, then lacquer thinner may be what you want to try. Also, fingernail polish remover may work.