Bah...any way to see just negative feedback on eBay?

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm looking at the feedback of a power seller with 10,000+ feedback. However, 150 are negatives. Is there a way I can just see the negatives without browsing through every page? I've been wanting to find a solution for this for a while.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
^bump

Oh yeah, I just won an auction for an item at what I thought was a really good price. An hour later, the seller starts another auction for the same item with a "Buy It Now" price that's even less than what the end price of my auction was. DOH!!

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
I remember looking at only the negatives 2 or 3 years ago. I don't know if they've changed since then.

stso

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: fr
I'm looking at the feedback of a power seller with 10,000+ feedback. However, 150 are negatives. Is there a way I can just see the negatives without browsing through every page? I've been wanting to find a solution for this for a while.

If he's got 10000+ positive feedbacks, why would you worry about his negative feedbacks?

stso

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2000
^bump

Oh yeah, I just won an auction for an item at what I thought was a really good price. An hour later, the seller starts another auction for the same item with a "Buy It Now" price that's even less than what the end price of my auction was. DOH!!

Well, many of my items went more than my BUY IT NOW price .... I don't understand it either ;)

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: stso

If he's got 10000+ positive feedbacks, why would you worry about his negative feedbacks?

Because I think 150 negatives is still a lot and I would like to see some of them. I went through and read some, but it meant swimming through over a dozen pages of feedback.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by: stso

Because I think 150 negatives is still a lot and I would like to see some of them. I went through and read some, but it meant swimming through over a dozen pages of feedback.

I dont think 150 out of 10,000 is really all that bad, there are some people who will never be happy, and a lot might be from people he wouldnt sell to for some reason or another (bad feedback, screwy paypal address etc)

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I was just curious, that's all. *still looking for an answer*

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
that 150 is only 1.5% which is very good. you can select to view up to 200 entries per page, but that may be the only way - sorry no help here

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: morkinva
that 150 is only 1.5% which is very good. you can select to view up to 200 entries per page, but that may be the only way - sorry no help here

After you get 200 per page, in IE, you could select Edit, then Find(on this page) and search for the word Complaint. Just a thought. :)

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: eplebnista
Originally posted by: morkinva

After you get 200 per page, in IE, you could select Edit, then Find(on this page) and search for the word Complaint. Just a thought. :)

Yeah, that was what I was doing. 10,000 feedback raing is still 50+ pages with that option though.

And I know 1.5% negative is a good percentage, but I'm curious to see why they were complaints and how the seller responded.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I don't think there is a way, other than the method mentioned above. I agree it would be nice to see all the negatives together.

Usually I just look at the trends, even if a high amount of complaints, perhaps none in the past 6 months, etc., which can be more telling than if they're rec'd all of them in a very short amount of time, for instance.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
which can be more telling than if they're rec'd all of them in a very short amount of time, for instance.

Gah, I've been on ebay for 3 years. 72 positives, 2 neutrals, 0 negatives. Then last week, in a span of 2 days, I get negged THREE times. Once in retaliation by a seller who didnt ship, and twice by moronic bidders. Right after a listed a bunch of stuff. :|

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Gah, I've been on ebay for 3 years. 72 positives, 2 neutrals, 0 negatives. Then last week, in a span of 2 days, I get negged THREE times. Once in retaliation by a seller who didnt ship, and twice by moronic bidders. Right after a listed a bunch of stuff.
Damn that sucks! I still read the comments though, trend alone is not enough :) Sometimes it's like someone has fallen apart or died, all of a sudden a big load of "never rec'd product" or "would not return e-mails" type of messages.
Originally posted by: Murphyrulez
I found a shareware program here that would do it. Also Vrane.com used to have a free tool, but now they are charging for it.
Good find!

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
There is also GutCheck. It is an eBay FeedBack Analysis Program for IE4 or above. Some of its features are listed below.

[*]First of all its free! (Though, we do reserve a small spot for our use in the top right corner for a 'text only' link).
[*]Installs as a right click menu item in Internet Explorer.
[*]Right click on a eBay member name or feedback score on any page to initiate feedback analysis.
[*]Receive percentage positive, neutral, and negative feedback of total feedback received.
[*]Filter view to just negative/neutral only.
[*]Filter out feedbacks left by users with feedback scores of 'X' or less.
[*]Export view via clipboard to Excel, Word, etc.
[*]Sort all columns (left by, feedback score, feedback type, auction date, etc) ascending/descending.
[*]Drill down own feedback item and see auction title, date auction ended, and closing price.