Question Bah….My PC is “buzzing.”

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Got up this morning to a strange “buzzing” noise. Finally tracked it down to my PC. Haven’t torn into it yet, but it sounds like it might be the PSU fan. Seasonic Focus 750…IIRC, 10 year warranty, less than 5 years old. (only in use about 3 years)
I’ll drag this behemoth outside later since it’s actually not raining or snowing…and give things a good clean out/blow out. it’s been a couple of months…hopefully that will solve the problem.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Sorry Boomer. I hate a noisy computer. I recently got my home server back up an running. Buddy comes over. Asks me why I think it's loud. It's the bank of enterprise drives spinning away!
pQZ6QaY.png
Otherwise it's fairly quiet. It can't be loud or I wouldn't be able to sit next to it.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Good luck. I hate PC noise.
I hate trying to make my computer quiet!

I have and AIO CPU cooler that's pretty quiet. There's a couple of custom fan profiles that poll the CPU and GPU temps and turn fans up and depending on temps and what's getting hot. At idol they are silent (as most of them stop entirely or run at low speeds).

After I did that my HDDs were annoying so I got rid of them and replaced them all with SSDs. So they were totally silent.

Then I could hear the PSU fan so I got a PSU where the fan stops totally at low loads so that's completely silent now.

Now it's so quiet that I can hear that I need to fill the AIO!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Life interfered today...didn't get time to troubleshoot this thing...but even worse, it stopped buzzing. (I hate trying to track down an intermittent problem)

For the most part, this thing is hella quiet. be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2 case...Arctic Cooling 280mm AIO, AC fans, (6 of them) The only noise ever is when the fans ramp up...and they're not very noisy...the case deadens MOST of the noise.

We'll see...when it starts buzzing again, I'll tear into it. Mean while, when I get some time, I'll drag this thing to the garage and blow the dust out of it.

Reactions: Zeze