Bad SLI Connector

p_monks33

Golden Member
May 22, 2011
Has anyone here ever experienced a bad SLI connector? I got 2 new Galaxy 660's and put them in SLI, I get a weird color shifting almost like a CRT monitor with a bad refresh rate scrolling colors. Turn SLI off it goes away, Test each card on its own, it goes away. Reinstall drivers and its still there. Only common denominator is the SLI bridge. I realized I only have one left now, and like 10 crossfire bridges, I have a new one on order, Just curious if anyone has experienced such and issue.

p_monks33

Golden Member
May 22, 2011
Found one in the attic and replaced it, fixed all my issues. #Thankgodforatticcrap.
On another note, any SLI users had issues with Logitech polling rate on the mouse?

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Found one in the attic and replaced it, fixed all my issues. #Thankgodforatticcrap.
On another note, any SLI users had issues with Logitech polling rate on the mouse?

What makes you think you have a polling rate problem on your mouse? (I haven't but i suspect a few things depending on the symptoms)

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Excellent! Be happy that it wasn't something much more serious. SLI bridges are a dime a dozen. I've got 5 hanging around.

p_monks33

Golden Member
May 22, 2011
Bright candle, I noticed a laggy feeling when quick twitching ie: making a 180 degree turn. Its only in SLI. I did some install and uninstalls of drivers/ software. I about gave up and figured that Iwas just having SLI issues and thought wth I'll live with it. I changed my mouse profile to swap games and forgot to swap it back when I went back to playing Crysis. The lagginess was gone. I checked it again. If I turn the polling rate down to 125 no lag. If I send it back to 1000 it makes Crysis unplayable in SLI. Lava, its amazing to be back with nvidia. Things just work in multi screen no more tinkering.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I haven't noticed a similar problem with 1000Hz on a Mamba, Rat 9 or a Zowie AM.

Afraid I don't know what likely causes that but let me know if you work out how to fix it.