Bad Company 2 is now available on Steam, 75% off.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
My absolute favorite FPS single player game. I love that story and especially the characters (and their interaction) in your squad. Well worth the $4.99.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Such an awesome frickin game. I love the (total) level of destruction. Frickin Battlefield 1 doesn't even match it, such a shame.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Best Battlefield game. Amazing how backwards the series went in destruction (as noted above) and just general fun.

Reactions: Harrod

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Yeah this was a great game and the last BF title I really enjoyed for multiplayer. BF3 was pretty good and BF1 is alright but Bad Company 2 was great!

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I've heard great things about this game, I think I'll check it out through Steam if the servers are still active enough and there are no major gameplay balance issues.

I played BF1942 at a LAN cafe, then I bought BF:Vietnam and BF2, and BF2 was by far my favorite but I stopped playing in 2006. I haven't played a BF game since BF2, and I was really excited to find out that it had been revived through the Revival project. It's legally considered abandonware since EA stripped it of so much functionality by not replacing the GameSpy servers when they went down, so you can download the Revival Launcher and play for free now. They patched the dolphin diving out of the game and it's even more fun now.

Link to the Revival Launcher project: Battlelog.co

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
That was one of the most fun games I've played in years, online was fantastic especially the Vietnam DLC. But it's no use playing it now since online is dead, unless you've never played single player campaign, which has a ton of humor in it.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I got excited, went to the store, store said I already own the game, apparently I have over 200 hours and I have no memory of this...

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I went back and played it some last night, next thing I know it was past mid-night.
What a great game.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
I went back and played it some last night, next thing I know it was past mid-night.
What a great game.

Servers still plenty active? I might have to boot it back up again as well. This was my favorite game since Original Ghost Recon (my favorite of all time).

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Is someone else's Steam account logged into on your PC? :)
Nope. After I loaded the game and played through the first few missions it all came back to me. Steam said the last time I played the game was 2010, so that might be why I didn't remember.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Hated the way it continually took away control to shove you into a cut scene, but absolutely love it for its story and especially its humor.

Did not try the multiplayer since I'm old with the reflexes of a sloth on Nyquil.

ronach

Oct 9, 1999
Hated the way it continually took away control to shove you into a cut scene, but absolutely love it for its story and especially its humor.

Did not try the multiplayer since I'm old with the reflexes of a sloth on Nyquil.
This was my favorite game of the Battlefield Series, spent many hours on-line playing with some fantastic opponents. Sure could use some more on-line time in Battlefield 2, anyone else feel the same way ?

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
This thread motivated me to reinstall this. Got a few games in over the weekend. First time playing since 2013 (according to Origin) and I went 45 kills, 25 deaths on Arica Harbor, 3rd on my team. I love that map and this game is awesome. Amazing how DICE's engine went backwards on destruction over the years. Destruction in this game is great.

There were about 8-10 mostly full servers throughout the weekend.