Jun 4, 2005
I've got a pretty bad case of pimples going on on my back and neck. It's mainly up around my shoulders and neck. Anyone else have a problem like this? As for my face, I'm pretty close to pimple-free.

I'm thinkin' of going to a dermatologist to see what's up.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Go to a dermatologist. Or wait it out. It's a hormonal thing.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton

My father had a bad case until he was thirty. Fortunately, I haven't seen him since I was two years old so I can't exactly ask him what the dermatologist suggested.

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Lol the funny thing in my experience of pimples it goes from head to toe....

I used to break alot on the face when I was in the teenie times....now they just pop up on the back/arms

or

try out neutrogena...it works

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Powermoloch

I used to break alot on the face when I was in the teenie times....now they just pop up on the back/arms

or

Um...those aren't pimples on your wiener...just an FYI.

Jun 4, 2005

or

Never got any on my arms. I get a couple on my chest here and there, but my back/neck is the worst. It's so uncomfortable and sensitive. I get the occasional ones on my next, only one on each side so I look like frankenstine (albeit, it's not THAT bad).

My mom bought some of that skin stuff, so I'll try using some on my back.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: LoKe

My father had a bad case until he was thirty. Fortunately, I haven't seen him since I was two years old so I can't exactly ask him what the dermatologist suggested.

For acne, first they suggest topical creams, then antibiotic pills; strengths will vary. Last resort treatments are things like Accutane, which are highly effective but require a LOT of monitoring during your treatment (bloodtests).

Jun 4, 2005

For acne, first they suggest topical creams, then antibiotic pills; strengths will vary. Last resort treatments are things like Accutane, which are highly effective but require a LOT of monitoring during your treatment (bloodtests).

Are you a dermatologist, or did you just go through the process?

Thanks for the information, I'll look into the creams then if it doesn't work out, I'll go see one.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: KillyKillall

or

Um...those aren't pimples on your wiener...just an FYI.

they arent? damn :eek:

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
For bacne, the obvious solution is using a spoon.

Actually, go to a dermotologist or even your doctor and they'll give you pills for it. They might give you a combination of a topical cream or gel and pills. It usually takes a while to kick in but it's probably the best solution out there. I went through the process with my face and it really helps.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Do you sweat on your back a lot? I get bacne during the fall school months when it can be really hot out - the backpack doesn't allow my back to breathe, thus, pimples.

One thing you can do is make sure you get some sun on your skin. Nothing too crazy, but a short while here and there can make a big difference. It will allow your skin to breathe at its best and the sun will help dry the skin a bit to prevent breakouts. Myth or not, it works for me. :)

I also make a good habit of showering twice a day. I hate grimy skin and I sweat a lot, so it helps immensely during the winter months when I have to bundle up and it doesn't let your skin 'air out'.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003

Are you a dermatologist, or did you just go through the process?

Thanks for the information, I'll look into the creams then if it doesn't work out, I'll go see one.

The creams they prescribe aren't available OTC, but you are welcome to try OTC treatments first.

The key is persistence. Most treatments fail because the patient doesn't regularly use the product (regardless of whether its topical or a pill). Make a schedule and stick to it for at least a month before you expect to see dramatic results. If you start/stop periodically, you might as well not try at all.

Jun 4, 2005
Some good advice here. I'll try to use some creme in the morning and at night unless there's a better time to do it.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Things to try that don't require going to the doctor:
-wash sheets more often (if you're sensitive to staph, you could reinfect yourself frequently)
-use some exfoliating cleanser (like that stuff with ground apricot pits in it) once or twice a month on the problem area to remove dead skin that could be blocking pores
-get a little sun exposure to the area (I stress a little, don't go out and turn yourself into leather or get a sunburn)

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Loke,

Try PanOxyl soap. It has 10% benozyl peroxide. Don't use it on your face. The skin on your face is softer and that's why face solutions are made with 2.5%. The skin on your back is tougher requiring more.

This worked for me within a week and a half. Find it at CVS or Walgreens.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
To expand a little on what Bryophyte said, you can also start using body wash + bath sponge instead of just apply soap with your hands. That's a great way to exfoliate your skin on a daily basis.

For creams, at night is the best time to apply them (so they do their magic overnight and the residue can be washed off in the morning).

promposive

Jun 15, 2004
Crush some aspririn, disolve in water (bottled/distilled/something cleaner than tap), spread on area affected. Wash 20 mins later. Kinda like a mask thing.