Backup ups xs 1300 question

dc_2000

Jan 11, 2014
We're using backup UPS XS 1300 in our office as a power backup for the office computer & the security board. This one:

https://www.amazon.com/APC-1300VA-Battery-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000XFXEDW

We had it for quite a while. So last saturday I noticed that the equipment was completely dead. I checked and the issue was this UPS. I tried to restart it by holding the power button, but it refused to start. I was giving off fast beeps when I was holding down the power button. I was able to eventually get the power back on by unplugging this UPS and plugging everything directly into the wall.

Also note that the power did not go out that night. (I can tell by the Microwave clock still being on.) So for some reason this UPS did what it was supposed to guard against -- it killed the power when the wall power was still on :) Also note that I had both computer and the security board plugged into the battery section of the UPS.

So I'm curious if this issue is with the battery or with the unit itself? I don't want to pay for a new battery only to discover that I need to buy a new UPS itself.

dc_2000

Jan 11, 2014
I'll be honest. This thing gave me a lot of headache. Main point is that it shouldn't be shutting off by itself when the battery dies without any warning. Why do we even need it then :)

So I decided to change companies. Picked this " CyberPower AVRG750U AVR UPS System, 750VA/450W, 12 Outlets ":
https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-A...00K8ZMTAQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Will see how it performs. If it does as badly as this one then I'll probably be better off with just a surge protector.

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
I'll be honest. This thing gave me a lot of headache. Main point is that it shouldn't be shutting off by itself when the battery dies without any warning. Why do we even need it then :)
It is entirely possible someone inadvertently hit the prominent "mute" button of the front top face of the unit and then it would give no audible warning. ;)