Backlist

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
A post just got me thinking about my RPG backlist.

Just off the top of my head, the ones I plan to play: Dragon Age (all of them, replaying first); Divine Divinity (1, sequel, dragon commander, another one, and DD 2); Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2; Pathfinder; Kingmaker; Disco Elysium; The Witcher 3; Risen series; Several dungeon crawlers, e.g., Vaporum; Arcanum; BG 1 and 2 remakes; Planescape Torment; replay Betrayal at Krondor; Might and Magic VII; Wizardy (8 or 10). Skyrim. Fallout games. The Outer Wilds. A few Spiderweb software games (Geneforge series and a few others). Oh, man. That's not counting hybrids like Deus Ex series or ARPG's like Path of Exile, Pillars of Eternity II, both of which I started this week. (Re-started Path).

And that didn't even cover games like Elder Scrolls Online, which I've nearly stopped playing because it's less fun without the monthly fee I don't feel like paying of $15/month. I just bought "One Deck Dungeon" yesterday.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Hey you, yes, YOU

Are you a maniacal perfectionist? Do you suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder?
Ask your doctor if Angband(R) is good for you.

Agband - the RPG where everything can kill you just by looking at you the wrong way.

Now in its 30th year of development, Angband is the free, Middle-Earth inspired, D&D-based RPG with non-persistent, randomly generated dungeon levels, permadeath, and incredibly infuriating gameplay. Good luck figuring our how to rest, or how to target enemies!

Angband: https://rephial.org/release/4.1.3
WARNING: Angband may cause anxiety, panic attacks, loss of sleep, loss of appetite, fits of rage, depression and suicidal thoughts, social isolation, and a compulsive need to tell everyone about Angband. Angband - it's like a self-replicating virus: try it today!

• Haha
Reactions: VirtualLarry

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I've been playing Angband sometimes. It's very good, but I don't count it as an RPG.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
You left off Planescape's sequel: Torment: Tides of Numenera

Actually, I just noticed you don't have any InXile RPGs listed: Wasteland 2, Wasteland 3 (coming very soon), Bard's Tale I,II, III remakes. Bard's Tale IV (one of my favorite RPGs ever).

Did you already play these?

If not, your list could get longer....

loki1944

Apr 23, 2020
Kingdom Come Deliverance is also pretty good other than the combat being like a drunk man swinging a sword. Dragon Age Inquisition was awful, nowhere near as good as Dragon Age Origins/Awakening. If you want a real challenge, play The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall Unity version.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Whoops, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is on the list, it's what I meant by Kingmaker. I got a couple hours in so far. Planescape: Torment AND the sequel, I forgot. Wasteland is sort of backburner; I kickstarted the new Bard's Tale and barely started it. I have all of those.

Reactions: loki1944