Backing up Photos on iPhone 5 to laptop issue

Nov 26, 2005
I am trying to copy over and store all of the photos on my mothers iPhone 5 to her Windows laptop. iCloud's free 5Gb isn't enough to go that route. She has about 17Gb of pics and vids.

So I hook up the phone to her laptop. Enable the 'Trust'. I then locate the DCIM folder in the phone. I do a CTRL A to select all the folders which have the photos and movies in, I create a folder on the laptop 'Desktop' I then open it and paste the copied info. Of the maybe 30 folders with pictures and vids in it only 6 folders end up copied and then it quits :confused: I've repeated this method several times with the same outcome. Anyone have an idea as to what's stopping all the info to be copied to the laptop?

Nov 20, 2009
I just copied a bunch of images and videos off of my iPhone 5 onto my Windows 7 computer. I only had three folders in the phone's internal storage main folder so I went into each folder and CTRL+A & CTRL+X to cut them into the folder on the computer. Worked like a charm.

Nov 26, 2005
I just copied a bunch of images and videos off of my iPhone 5 onto my Windows 7 computer. I only had three folders in the phone's internal storage main folder so I went into each folder and CTRL+A & CTRL+X to cut them into the folder on the computer. Worked like a charm.

Yeah, I know, I don't understand why it isn't copying all the folders. Only 6 out of the maybe 25-30