Back 4 Blood - Open Beta

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I tried the beta on Steam and it's just L4D2 with better graphics and a lot more promised content. If you're a fan of the L4D series, it'll be worth picking up on sale - NOT for $60.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
actually it seems to have a progression style..
so its a bit more complex then L4D2.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Imagine paying $80-$130 for a game not even based off a license, then paying extra for game passes, and characters.

This game is built to milk the consumer with micro-transactions and NO modding support.

Back for Blood: Dead on Arrival.

Reactions: shortylickens

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Left 4 Dead was not even original when it came out, there had been plenty of zombie killing games, and plenty of 4-man squad games, and boat loads of mission-based games, all they did was mix & match. And I didnt even like it that much.

No, we dont need more low-effort copies of copies that milk you with small DLC sales.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Left 4 Dead was not even original when it came out, there had been plenty of zombie killing games, and plenty of 4-man squad games, and boat loads of mission-based games, all they did was mix & match. And I didnt even like it that much.

No, we dont need more low-effort copies of copies that milk you with small DLC sales.
I put about 900 hours into L4D2 per my steam page. Probably my most played game ever.

I am troubled by the possibility of microtransactions being a thing in this game. What made L4D2 great is the community made a bunch of free stuff and then valve would use it and make it official. They just kept adding and adding. Heck even last year they added like 50% new content.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
those of you who are epic store haters... the game is also available on steam on open beta as well.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

pr4OXCM.png

uhm, how did that get by qa

• Wow
Reactions: aigomorla

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
uhm, how did that get by qa

amazingly as it may seem i didn't even pick it up and i have like over 20 hours in the game so far.
Its like how people can swear there dogs can say "iloveyou"
Or i guess its the infinity monkey on the keyboard statement... If you have enough codes and sounds... eventually it will start forming into words and syllables.

Yes its offensive, but i think it was more of a random occurrence, and they caught it quick with the reports and made a public statement as well.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Big L4D2 fan, still play it but this is a wait and see at best for me. To much pay to win smell.

I don't like RPG elements or progression systems in FPS games honestly. And the cards thing looks awful.

I don't mind buying cosmetics and I like mixing and matching equipment load outs (from standard available to everyone sets) but grinding up a character in a multiplayer game just sucks. I already have a job and they pay me to go to it, not the other way around. Unfortunately its become pretty common these days.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
LFD type games are exactly the sort of game that should have a character creator, equipment, loadouts, progression etc.

One day the zombie genre will permeate deep enough into gaming culture that we'll get a solid Zombie Apocalypse RPG out of it.

It just sucks that its always tied to a MP game that I will never play.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
LFD type games are exactly the sort of game that should have a character creator, equipment, loadouts, progression etc.

One day the zombie genre will permeate deep enough into gaming culture that we'll get a solid Zombie Apocalypse RPG out of it.

It just sucks that its always tied to a MP game that I will never play.
Well there are plenty of squad games with those features, but for whatever reason they are not as popular. Left 4 Dead somehow got to be a big deal and now it has sequels and copycats.

Actually X-Com and X-Com 2 fit the bill except they are turn based, not action games.
Payday 2 fits the bill but I never liked it. The job ALWAYS goes bad and you get stuck in a pointless firefight, every time.

Last edited:

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
World War Z tried to be a Left4Dead replacement....
Then we have games like DayZ and 7days to die which are suvival + zombies that stemmed off that too.

Left4Dead got big because of CS:Source Zombie mod.
People had so much fun killing zombies and being the zombie, that Valve decided to roll a dedicated platform just for it.
But this was way back when Valve actually cared, now they don't, and they obviously taught us that they can not count past 2.

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
I'm looking forward to this game coming out, but not spending $60 on it.

I am with the understanding that the team originally responsible for the L4D series is the same team that's making Back 4 Blood which gives me hope.

The mentioning of micro transactions though has me a bit worried. While I couldn't care less about skins and the other cosmetic paid content; if it becomes a pay-to-win type game where you can buy better gear that actually gives you a competitive edge then I am 100% out.

I'll be launching a few servers for it to give it a trial run. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
its not worth 60 dollars.

ive grinded enough in that game to realize... ah.. "i grinded"... LOL

Not something i look forward into a FPS unless its a survival game.