Baby found dead in vehicle, van was parked at at father's work!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Since the story was very brief and lacked any details I am assuming for now this was a tragic accident. I doubt anything the legal system can do to this guy will cause him anymore pain than what he is likely to be dealing with now.

yasha

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
No, it's called not putting your Child first! This kind of Bull Sheeet doesn't happen as often in other countries! Everyone in the US is too fooking busy to care about their Kids. If you don't have the time to properly care for them, don't have them! :|

A wasteful death!!! *I'm so god damn mad about this!* :|:|:|:|

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
I hope I don't get flamed for this but...

Maybe they should sue the company which made the car? I mean, isn't that the modus operandi in USA? When some kids shoot their classmates in school, nobody blames the parents, rather they blame the music the kids liked, and they sue the companies who made the computer-games they liked to play.

kassy

Sep 13, 2000
He should fry beside Ms Post Partum Depression.
Tragic Accident my arse, you would have to be pretty brain dead to forget that your child is sitting in the car with you.

HowardStern

Banned
Jun 28, 2001
I would think that it would be difficult to "forget" about a screaming or otherwise annoying kid in the car. It has to be intentional.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
it was a baby, they do sleep sometimes.

If this is an accident I hardly see how his actions are criminal and what would be accomplished by him serving jail time. He'll never forget this and I wouldn't be surprised if his marriage falls apart.

myputer

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2001
My sister in law and I went shopping one day when my daugther was 8 weeks old. I got to the front door of the store when my sister in law said Oh my God, the babys in the car. I forgot I had even had her with me. I couldn't even believe I had did that, it has been 5 years since that happened and even now I can not believe I did it.

:(

serialb

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
How about that infant in Minneapolis at the shopping mall a couple days ago? Is it ok?

[edit] OMG, it's in Blaine! WTF is wrong with these retarded parents in Minneapolis? [edit]

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000

<< How about that infant in Minneapolisa couple days ago? Is it ok? >>

That is this article. Blaine, MN is essentially Minneapolis for the rest of the world.

And no, the baby died.

kassy

Sep 13, 2000

<< You bloodthirsty assholes make me sick >>

While I don't believe in the death penalty, I do think that if a woman who is suffering from a mental illness can get the death penalty then some idiot that had a memory lapse should receive similar punishment. Perhaps not the death penalty but definitely some time spent looking through bars. ( JMHO )

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
If that wasn't bad enough there is all these employers and even our government that doesn't care about childcare. Take a working family. Childcare often takes up much of at least one parent's paycheck and it can be difficult for them. Single parents it's even worse for. Most employers don't offer free or discounted child care, and you have to be extremely poor to have the government help a parent with child care. Also many employers don't seem to care. Many people have called in saying they won't be into work that day because some situation has prevented them having childcare for their child for the day. Their employers callous response? &quot;I don't care what your problem is, get in here or your fired.&quot;
Childcare is rapidly becoming a critical part of our society and it's something that can't be left ignored. :(

Joyride

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
Brewerbob,

I do see a point with you milk comment. I forget alot of things easily even if it just on my way home I even forget stuff to get when I am in the store.

And yes there is a sizeable difference if the baby was crying or just sleeping.

Don't most baby seats face the back so there is no way to see the baby.

There are a few things to consider but I still think its be irresponsible for forgetting a kid in the car.

I guess the incident in Iowa the dad usually takes the kid on his way to work but somehow the mom got it that day.

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001

<< One HAS to ask themselves if someone is this damn stupid, do we really want their offspring to survive?

I know this sounds awful, but come on... Everyone here has called this guy a complete idiot. You have to wonder how bright his kids would be.
>>

amusedone, i usually like your comments but this one is fvcked up, go bang your head on the wall!

you never know what the offspring will be like, tall parents have short kids, scietists have average kids, people who didnt finish school have kids that get a Ph. D. and on and on.

that was really a stupid thing to say :|

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000

<< Childcare is rapidly becoming a critical part of our society and it's something that can't be left ignored. >>

Uh yeah... I hope you don't mean government childcare. Parents are responsible for their children, it's just a responsibility that one assumes when one has children.

I know the brain has its little glitches now and then, but if a parent truly doesn't remember they have thier kid in the car until they find a corpse, they should not be the person in charge of tranporting the child.