BA Fry's ECS K7S5A + OEM Duron 1 GHz = $89 til 1/17

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandbasser

Oct 9, 1999
This looks like it turning into a Frys thread... Anyway, the ad in Orange County (CA) has an ECS K7S5A plus Athlon XP 1700+ for $179.00, which seems like a good deal. I've been frantically reading all the K7S5A threads and I think I'll take the plunge on the way home from work today.

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
i'm in SF..and there's no Fry's nearby... :(
and i'm scared to drive farther to go to a Fry's...

misterj

Jan 7, 2000
i thought id let you guys know i had no problems getting my board to post (cept i didnt have the agp in all the way at first), and im running an old 235w 'real power' with 2 crucial 128mb pc133 sdram. im running the psu with a plex24x, toshiba dvd, maxtor hd, sblive, doodoo3500tv, some usb stuff.

so im relieved to report i didnt encounter any of the nightmares i was expecting. however, i couldnt get win2k to accept the transition from a bp6 so i had to do a clean install. it was overdue anyways..

grifterspawn

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2000
The only bad thing about the board is its pickiness with power supplies, if you PSU is crap...the K7S5A lets you know by becoming unstable...that and the fact that this board had one of the highest RMA rates ever (a huge percentage of boards were DOA straight out of the box).

Diable

Sep 28, 2001

<< i'm in SF..and there's no Fry's nearby... :(
and i'm scared to drive farther to go to a Fry's...
>>

There's a Fry's in Palo Alto that no more then 30-45 minutes away from San Francisco.