Awsome Military Videos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: slick230
Originally posted by: Rogue
Here's another good site for military video.

Nice videos, but I prefer mine without the cheesy-ass music in the background.

Yeah, I forgot to put a disclaimer on them that they were pretty much propaganda videos, but you can always hit mute. ;)

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Very intense. That middle guy's body just exploded. I wonder why that last guy climbed out from underneath the truck? Just stupid?

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Gravity
Very intense. That middle guy's body just exploded. I wonder why that last guy climbed out from underneath the truck? Just stupid?

Probably realized he was a sitting target underneath a vehicle loaded with explosive chemicals (fuel) and probably the weapons he was stashing in the back.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Rudee
Originally posted by: Dissipate
Originally posted by: gopunk
what were those guys doing in the field exactly?

... The thing I found most odd, was after the first guy in the middle got blown to pieces, the guy to his right ran and hid under the truck, however, the guy to the right at the tractor acted as if nothing was happening, while pieces of his friend were flying over his head. He basically just does nothing.

Well, if one of your buddies that was standing next to you just blew apart and pieces of him were flying all around you, don't you think you might be in a bit of shock and confusion as to what the hell just happened? That might delay your reactions as your mind is trying to make sense of what's going one, and may cause you to just stand there and do nothing, just like the guy in the video. Everyone reacts to things differently. Some people run for cover, some freeze and can't move.

The dude at the tractor didn't freeze, and he didn't take cover, he simply continued working on the tractor as if nothing was happening. It looks like his pre-occupation with removing the cloth, or whatever it was, was more important than anything else going on. You would think he would be either looking in shock at the first guy whacked, ducking for cover or running.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Gravity

I think he figured the shooting was coming from the far side, thus he was probably trying to get cover from behind the drivers front wheel. Makes sense when you think about it.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

... The thing I found most odd, was after the first guy in the middle got blown to pieces, the guy to his right ran and hid under the truck, however, the guy to the right at the tractor acted as if nothing was happening, while pieces of his friend were flying over his head. He basically just does nothing.

Well, if one of your buddies that was standing next to you just blew apart and pieces of him were flying all around you, don't you think you might be in a bit of shock and confusion as to what the hell just happened? That might delay your reactions as your mind is trying to make sense of what's going one, and may cause you to just stand there and do nothing, just like the guy in the video. Everyone reacts to things differently. Some people run for cover, some freeze and can't move.

The dude at the tractor didn't freeze, and he didn't take cover, he simply continued working on the tractor as if nothing was happening. It looks like his pre-occupation with removing the cloth, or whatever it was, was more important than anything else going on. You would think he would be either looking in shock at the first guy whacked, ducking for cover or running.

I wonder if he knew what happened since probably the tractor was running. I'm not sure how loud the gunfire from an appache would be, but I'm guessing that the tractor was running and the guy didn't know what was happening on the other side. The other guy that hid under the truck probably did see and may have even heard the appache firing.

KK

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: KK

I wonder if he knew what happened since probably the tractor was running. I'm not sure how loud the gunfire from an appache would be, but I'm guessing that the tractor was running and the guy didn't know what was happening on the other side. The other guy that hid under the truck probably did see and may have even heard the appache firing.

KK

Actually the guy on the tractor was the first guy to take it. The guy at the tractor looked to be trying to remove something
quickly from whatever the cloth was covering, weapon/rocket/etc. Its just he gets taken out before he has time to do anything.
Plus there is a 5 sec difference between guy 1 and guy 2 getting killed.
My guess is that he had no idea where the shot came from, so his taking cover is a mute point. If he thought
the shots came from the truck, then he would have been taking cover. Since he didn't know where the shots came from,
he probably tried to get a weapon and find out, no point in shooting wildly, espeically if you have a RPG. However within 5 seconds
he is dead. So he probably never really figured out where the shots came from.