Auto hits Pedestrian. and all he gets is Unsafe Driving.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
ok, so a friend of mine is walking on the SIDEWALK. SIDEWALK mind you, she is crossing a parking lot entrance ON THE SIDEWALK. she hears an ambulance coming around a corner, a car going in the opposite direction of the ambulance decides to make a left IN FRONT OF THE AMBULANCE so they don't have to stop and wait for the ambulance to go by (all of what 5 secs?) and the car HITS my friend and knocks her 10 to 12 ft down the parking lot.

she gets off mostly with bumps and bruises.

WTF, and all the driver gets is Unsafe driving. and is not in the LEAST remorseful.

so now my friend and her husband are so pissed they are going to take the driver to civil court and sue them.

first off, WTF, you cut across the road in front of an ambulance w/ sirens on so you can save 5 seconds.

then you hit a pedestrian on the sidewalk (pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way, ESPECIALLY on the sidewalk.

and all he gets is a fine and usafe driving points?

next, i don't always go for suing people, but i think this guy should be sued just to be punished for his actions.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
and what should they have gotten a fine for?

they should have gotten jail time. WTF.

stupid enough to try and cut off an ambulance, then you hit a pedestrian because you were too stupid to see the pedestrian walking down the road.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe
There is a sidewalk across the parking lot entrance?

many sidewalks cross parking lot entrances. :roll:.

what you expect pedestrians to walk down a sidewalk and magically elevate themselves into the air when they come to a parking lot entrance? :roll:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
lets see noone died, person was reletivly unhurt

it wasent intentional

Jail time??? for what being a stupid ass, fvck if we put people in jail for being stupid asses 1/2 the world woudl be in jail

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

it wasent intentional

Jail time??? for what being a stupid ass, fvck if we put people in jail for being stupid asses 1/2 the world woudl be in jail

so if i attack you with a knife and trip and fall on it and only manage to hurt myself, the intention means nothing?

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe
There is a sidewalk across the parking lot entrance?

many sidewalks cross parking lot entrances. :roll:.

what you expect pedestrians to walk down a sidewalk and magically elevate themselves into the air when they come to a parking lot entrance? :roll:

Maybe where you are. Here they slope down to the entrance where there may or may not be a crosswalk. Was there a crosswalk?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

it wasent intentional

so if i attack you with a knife and trip and fall on it and only manage to hurt myself, the intention means nothing?

ehh worst anology ever

it woudl be if you were just carrying a knife and tripped and accedently stabbed me, that would be non intentional

the car wasent trying to hit your friend, you trying to stab me is the oppsite

and just FYI i have been hit by a car like this as well (except the cutting in front of an ambulence) , i was in my bike as well, and you wanna know what happened to the driver

ABSOUTLY NOTHING, it was an accedent, sh!t happens, and i dont care that he didnt even get a fine