• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Auto Auctions?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
How do I go about getting to one of these auctions and who holds them? I'm looking for a new car and I heard you can get great prices. Any leads as to how to get to one?

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
My sister just picked up a '94 Mercury Tracer for $400, and the thing is clean. Local police and other government auctions are ok. Ex-cop cars are pretty cheap, but they've usually been abused. Dealer auctions, where my sis went, are where a LOT of car dealers go to trade and exchange their inventories with other dealers. I know that you need a "dealer's" license to go to one. My dad knew someone around here that had one, and that's how they went. Other than that I don't know how you'd contact someone willing to take you. Maybe, try the DMV for info. Not sure if any of this will help, but anyway!

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Hmm, my grandfather owns a car lot, so that takes care of the dealer's license hopefully...I'll have to give him a call to see what I can do.

ASK THE COMMUNITY