Authorized and protected website

archive

May 4, 2001
I would like to build a website that only allows my friends to log in and access some files. What script, code or kind of codes is required for this kind of website? How can I make sure my hosting company support this?

I have looked around on the web. I found AuthPro.com which offers basic membership service for free.

Since I just start to build a website, I am looking for basic hosting package in the market.

Thank you for reading my post. Your comments are appreciated. :)

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Where's the red-headed meat-eating wrong forum proclaimer when you need him?
Edit:
The sumbitch nailed the op while I was typing.

archive

May 4, 2001
What features should the hosting package provide in order for me to build the website with login (protected links)?

Thank you for the quick responses.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: archive
What features should the hosting package provide in order for me to build the website with login (protected links)?

Look up google for cPanel and DirectAdmin.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: archive

this feature is so standard that I don't think packages actually list that as a feature... as long as it's Apache or something, it'll support the standard .htaccess method. I guess you can ask them if not sure.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: shilala
Where's the red-headed meat-eating wrong forum proclaimer when you need him?

At your house having his way with your mother.
If it was my mother, she wouldn't let you bring your keyboard along, hence I call shens (unless you have some sort of fvcked up direct mindlink to atot, in which case I conceed.)