Australian government senators condemn 'anti-white racism'

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
It's not an issue of the Rich being prejudiced but rather of prejudice being one of their tools to enhance their privilege. It's not a universal thing among the Rich, obviously, but it is for the conservative faction. They've played straight white middle class people off against everybody else in a ruthless fashion. They've cultivated deeply divisive attitudes & beliefs because it helped them win elections from Gingrich forward. It's the basis for Trumpism entirely.
Cool story. I already agreed this is the result of insular thinking and I already accepted some of these insular groups have more "power" (social/political/financial/etc) than other groups.

I've already covered everything you try to "argue" against me.

Yes a group with "X" in common will bind together against a perceived group of "non-X". Humans are pack animals and and evolution lead us to form an affinity for our own. Not rocket science. It applies to every insular (even socially) group you can imagine.

But this trait is not inherently racist and I wont let anyone pretend it is.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
All this race stuff is just to divide people so they fight each other while being fleeced by the corporate elites. Don't fall for it. The immigrant trying to find a job abroad is not the enemy, and the white guy worried about his job and blaming the immigrant is not the enemy. They are basically the same guy scared that he won't be able to support his family, and trying to do the best they can, given the cards they were dealt. The people pitting them against each other for profit or power are the enemy.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
All this race stuff is just to divide people so they fight each other while being fleeced by the corporate elites. Don't fall for it. The immigrant trying to find a job abroad is not the enemy, and the white guy worried about his job and blaming the immigrant is not the enemy. They are basically the same guy scared that he won't be able to support his family, and trying to do the best they can, given the cards they were dealt. The people pitting them against each other for profit or power are the enemy.
Conservative political operations 101.