'Aula' wireless BT game controllers for Switch Pro and Windows PC, under $20 @ Newegg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Black:

Blue:

I grabbed a bunch of these, maybe I'll fire up Steam again soon.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, what do you expect for $20. Opened the shipment, opened one of the controllers, read the instructions, discovered that although these are "Wireless Controllers", and "Work with Windows", they DON'T WORK WIRELESSLY WITH WINDOWS. The only instructions in the manual to get it working with PC, is to plug it in via the USB2.0 Type-A to Type-C charging / data cable included, and then IT SHOWS UP AS AN XBOX360 CONTROLLER WHEN WIRED.

I later discovered that it WAS possible to pair it using BT to a Win10 PC, and it shows up as "Input" and then later as "Pro Controller", but it wasn't compatible with SNESlive.com, Or Raiden IV:Overkill or Tekken7 on Steam (unless you wired the controller).

I also discoverd, that the LEFT D-Pad on my first controller didn't work, when I tried it with SNES emulation. Verified that it didn't work in Raiden either, then verified that another unit worked properly. So these HAVE LOUSY QC.

I guess that you get what you pay for. Then again, you could buy 2-3 of these for what an XBOX360 controller goes for.

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Well, what do you expect for $20. Opened the shipment, opened one of the controllers, read the instructions, discovered that although these are "Wireless Controllers", and "Work with Windows", they DON'T WORK WIRELESSLY WITH WINDOWS. The only instructions in the manual to get it working with PC, is to plug it in via the USB2.0 Type-A to Type-C charging / data cable included, and then IT SHOWS UP AS AN XBOX360 CONTROLLER WHEN WIRED.

I later discovered that it WAS possible to pair it using BT to a Win10 PC, and it shows up as "Input" and then later as "Pro Controller", but it wasn't compatible with SNESlive.com, Or Raiden IV:Overkill or Tekken7 on Steam (unless you wired the controller).

I also discoverd, that the LEFT D-Pad on my first controller didn't work, when I tried it with SNES emulation. Verified that it didn't work in Raiden either, then verified that another unit worked properly. So these HAVE LOUSY QC.

I guess that you get what you pay for. Then again, you could buy 2-3 of these for what an XBOX360 controller goes for.

Yeah, I got one of those knockoff Switch Pro controllers a while back to test my game and noticed that behavior. It was frustrating trying to get it to work wirelessly, only to find it was a poor wired Xbox controller knockoff under the covers. The buttons were really messed up on mine.

At least I had an authentic Switch Pro controller to check it against in Windows.