August 2007 Monthly Photography Contest - "The Nature of Water"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
A lot of really good submissions this time. Congratulations to the winners and those who came "oh so close". :)

I've got a suggestion for the secondary theme for September that could elicit some interesting submissions. How about, "Something You Don't See Very Often"?

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: montanafan
A lot of really good submissions this time. Congratulations to the winners and those who came "oh so close". :)

I've got a suggestion for the secondary theme for September that could elicit some interesting submissions. How about, "Something You Don't See Very Often"?

I like it! Sounds like it could be fun :p

Oct 19, 2000

Done and done. Sounds like a great theme.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: blurredvision

Sounds like the sh1t to me.

Of course, i usually provide that, being an Aussie ;)

Jun 14, 2003

does sound good

possible problemo though is what people consider rare or "something you dont see very often"

for example.... i dont see super cars very often. i dont live in a town dripping with money or people who are very extravogant.

but someone who lives in vancouver....supercars roam the streets there everyday.

so is it ok so long as what ever you shot is something that you personally dont see very often even for a fellow AT'er the subject in question might be a part of every day life?

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer
so is it ok so long as what ever you shot is something that you personally dont see very often even for a fellow AT'er the subject in question might be a part of every day life?

any shot would technically be "OK", you just wouldn't get as many votes ;)

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999

Thanks, blurredvision. I can't wait to see what kind of ideas ATer's come up with.

Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer

I wasn't thinking that the subject would necessarily have to be something rare, though that would be cool too, just something a little different from the ordinary. It could be something common shot from a creative perspective or it could be someone's cat standing on its head. It's pretty wide open. :)

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
So, is it official now? "Something you dont see very often?"

Thats gonna be an easy one. I'll just make my kids clean their room and take a picture of that? LOL

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
I wasn't thinking that the subject would necessarily have to be something rare, though that would be cool too, just something a little different from the ordinary. It could be something common shot from a creative perspective or it could be someone's cat standing on its head. It's pretty wide open. :)

how about a post by fuzzybabybunny asking for advice on cameras? :p

MadAmos

Sep 13, 2006
Thanks for all your votes/support for my secondary contest entry :D I am :eek: with my primary entry it looks better full size when printed but it really should have been cropped like it is on my web site shameless plug :evil:

Amos