Attention System Builders 2.0

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Synesthesia

Aug 18, 2010
For what it's worth, as someone that doesn't have the expertise to do it themselves, I would absolutely love for someone to create a thread like this for 2010! I can build a PC if given the parts, but putting together a list like this is outside of the range of my knowledge. The first list was invaluable to me a while back.

+1

This list really helped shape things up for a potential build, though. Thanks a lot! Out of curiosity, does anyone here use dual GTX 460s (1 gb) for their gaming? Do they perform better than a single higher lever card (say, a 470 or 485) or are there any issues?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I'm about to take the plunge for the first time in many years.

Having this updated would be a good thing.

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
I'm about to take the plunge for the first time in many years.

Having this updated would be a good thing.

This thread is practically worthless now. Someone needs to make this their new year's resolution.

Micario

Jan 26, 2011
I am designing a computer from scratch. I'm looking for the back of computer I/ . I don't know what it called nor can I seem to find sources. I'm sure there are many different types.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback I can get

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am designing a computer from scratch. I'm looking for the back of computer I/ . I don't know what it called nor can I seem to find sources. I'm sure there are many different types.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback I can get

If you're talking about the snap in metal plate that goes around the rear I/O ports (USB, audio, keyboard, mouse, etc.), it's called a shield plate. It's usually an inexpensive stamped part that manufacturers supply with new motherboards, and the cutouts are spaced for the particular motherboard or series of motherboards.

If you don't have the shield plate for your motherboard, the easiest way to get the right one is to e-mail the manufacturer's support people. Some will help. Others won't, but I've found a number of makers who will sell you the correct replacement for around $10 shipped.

Hope that helps. :)