Attention all aesthetically-abled members, i need an opinion..

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I would make the image a little smaller to cut out some of the dead space above the text. You'd have to shrink the tree, though.

It's kind of hard to judge w/o being able to see it in context, though.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Move the "part of the website.com family" line to the bottom and put the tree after the Inc. to balance the gap in the text. Experiment with some different background colors as Heisenberg suggested.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
looks good besides the shade of green isn't my favorite and the large amount dead space above the small text, both of which were already commented on.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
"gardens" shouldn't be separated from "bonsai" as it's a phrase; it looks out of place. try putting it like this:

tropical &
bonsai gardens
inc

Make the text centred.

Lighten the background green up a few shades.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I like it. Perhaps a palm tree or something else suitably tropical opposite the bonsai? Might be too busy with that as well, though.

slydecix

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2001
I agree with xmellyx - the text layout from Draft 3 looks better... Just make the "Gardens Inc" that yellow-green color from draft 4 and lighten the background

I imagine that you'll be printing it onto business cards too, so make sure it looks decent on a white background as well

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Any more opinions before i turn in? (thanks for those left btw)

werk, i'd use a palm but this image was already decided on. :p
mellinator, i'd center the text but i wanted to tie the image in with it so i'm left justifying it.
heisenberg/styrafoam, i'm trying to stick to naturey tones...thought about throwing some blue hues in there but never follow through.

I'll let this sit and post my final versions up tomorrow and you all can help me decide what looks best. Thanks guys. Night (beer smiley here)

Edit: Elite, who ever said business cards ALWAYS have to be white ;-) I'll play around more tomorrow.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I don't like the coloration. Makes it look like "tropical" and "bonsai gardens" inc. I would make it all one color.