Attack of the Fleas!!!

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Both my cats have fleas, they scratch all the time, and I've seen a flea crawling on my cat's face. I've tried store flea collars and tea tree oil, and the fleas are still there. Anyone have success getting rid of cat fleas? what's the best method?

thanks

NetworkDad

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
#1 They have good medicine for pets now days. See your vet.
#2 - Clean your house. Go to your local home depot and get a Flea Bomb. Ignite it in the house, and dissappear for a few hours.
#3 - Keep your animals bathed regularily.

Stiler

Banned
Nov 21, 2001
heh old redneck trick, put them in water then hold them under for a couple seconds, the fleas can't breathe and they will all come off, or dip them in oil, i'd do the first one though. Not really a good way to keep them off though.

arigato

Sep 19, 2001

<< #1 They have good medicine for pets now days. See your vet.
#2 - Clean your house. Go to your local home depot and get a Flea Bomb. Ignite it in the house, and dissappear for a few hours.
#3 - Keep your animals bathed regularily.
>>

Don't forget to take your pets with you before you do the flea bomb.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Got rid of the fleas when I got rid of the carpets. Cats were ok after that..;)

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
ATTACK OF THE CLONES!

Sorry, couldn't help myself - and the flea bomb is your best bet...

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
Ask your Vet about Advantage. Apply once every month, no fleas. Do it before your home becomes infested. Fleas feast on humans too.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
Advantage definitely works. It's not available without a prescription from your vet. Most vets charge about $35 for a three month supply.

Cheers!

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< Ask your Vet about Advantage. Apply once every month, no fleas. Do it before your home becomes infested. Fleas feast on humans too. >>

Let me add thet this great stuff kills the fleas BEFORE they bite your pet, and it lasts a full month. Therefore any fleas in your house will be killed BEFORE they lay eggs, and as soon as they come in contact with your pet. Any fleas hatching from existing eggs around the house will be killed as soon as they jump on the pet. Thus ending the breeding cycle for ever.

This stuff is SO safe, even the enviro nuts love it. It is toxic ONLY to fleas.

www.nofleas.com