AT's iPhone 6S review is up

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stingerman

Feb 8, 2005
For another comparison: A9 in iPhone versus Core M in Macbook:

iPhone A9 running 1.85Ghz probably TDP max 2.5W

MacBook Core M running 1.3Ghz (with Turbo to 2.9Ghz) typical TDP 4.5W +

Both achieve similar Geekbench scores, notice the Core M frequency peaks at 2.9Ghz.

tempestglen

Dec 5, 2012
Why DEC defeated by intel? Because intel technology was better than DEC? No! Because intel was on the right side: Personal Computer.

Why intel beat by ARM? Because Arm technology is better than intel? No! Because ARM is the right side: Mobile Computer.

Ironically, a pre DEC SoC design branch, P. A. semi(now acquired by Apple), revenge for the dead DEC. Intel beat DEC with cheap and less complicated x86 chip, and DEC survivor is hitting intel with more compact SoC chip. LOL

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
All phone makes seem to do this. The new iphones are already ridiculously thin, I would much prefer they make then 20% fatter and heavier and add in a decent battery. Seems I'm in the minority though.

The CPU performance of the iphone 6s is crazy fast however. Intel need to stop screwing around.
Samsung did that with the galaxy S6 active. I just wish they had gone somewhere down the middle with that design.