ATPN is a wing of the Democratic Party

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Why? because it spins everything to fit the left wing... sure there are a few small right wingers here, but overall the majority spin it to the left, in order to fit their bias...

I say we close it down because it is obstructing the truth, we should cancel the forum because
ATPN is a propaganda machine designed to brainwash and create outrage, or mass following. It is creating psychotic monsters, not wise voters.

Why should we allow a cancer like this to grow?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
Why? because it spins everything to fit the left wing... sure there are a few small right wingers here, but overall the majority spin it to the left, in order to fit their bias...

I say we close it down because it is obstructing the truth, we should cancel the forum because
ATPN is a propaganda machine designed to brainwash and create outrage, or mass following. It is creating psychotic monsters, not wise voters.

As Stephen Colbert said, the facts have a liberal bias for people like you.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

:laugh:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Lol. I wouldn't use this as 'proof' to dispute you, but the last poll showed more rightwingers than leftwingers in ATPN.

If ONLY atpn were majority leftwing... the collective intellect of atpn would be much much higher ;)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Would never happen.

Rightwingers too scared of the alternative.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
lol @ some of you. he's just trying to point out that everywhere has some bias, we hardly ever get any "facts" that haven't been through a few filters of opinion.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: bfdd
lol @ some of you. he's just trying to point out that everywhere has some bias, we hardly ever get any "facts" that haven't been through a few filters of opinion.

You and the OP Fail, Hard. ATPN has no Agenda, just members who may or may not have Agendas.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Craig234

Or a conservative bias for people of your political persuasion, I'm sure.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: blanghorst

No, I'm fine with the facts, no conflict like the right has.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
This forum used to have a strong conservative bias. It swings back and forth, based largely on how successful the latest iteration of the Windows operating system is.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Would never happen.

Rightwingers too scared of the alternative.

Or change.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

No, I'm fine with the facts, no conflict like the right has.

The whole problem is that both sides are putting their spin and bias on issues instead of sitting down in good faith and getting things done. The Dems are guilty of it too, as much as the Republicans. I just wish that instead of putting their own interests and parties ahead of everything else, they would drop the partisan BS and get stuff done.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
[The whole problem is that both sides are putting their spin and bias on issues instead of sitting down in good faith and getting things done. The Dems are guilty of it too, as much as the Republicans. I just wish that instead of putting their own interests and parties ahead of everything else, they would drop the partisan BS and get stuff done.

Your post is a good example of how it's mainly one side that does it. You state a *conclusion* that 'both sides do it equally' without any evidence.

That's ideology talking IMO. Now, I know it's not easy to 'prove' such a large topic, but there are mounds of informaiton disagreeing with you.

Your goal is nice, but you gloss over the fact that there's little agreement on what to 'get done'.

When FDR 'got things done' by keeping people employed in a CCC or passing Social Security, it's not as if the right wing said 'way to go'.

But I'll applaud your stated interest in wanting to deal with the facts, and not just a 'party agenda'. Next step, identifying any actual goals.

For example, when I point out the *facts* of how the rich have gotten a massive increase in their income and wealth, increasing the concentration of wwalth, do you say 'great'?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
[The whole problem is that both sides are putting their spin and bias on issues instead of sitting down in good faith and getting things done. The Dems are guilty of it too, as much as the Republicans. I just wish that instead of putting their own interests and parties ahead of everything else, they would drop the partisan BS and get stuff done.

Your post is a good example of how it's mainly one side that does it. You state a *conclusion* that 'both sides do it equally' without any evidence.

That's ideology talking IMO. Now, I know it's not easy to 'prove' such a large topic, but there are mounds of informaiton disagreeing with you.

Your goal is nice, but you gloss over the fact that there's little agreement on what to 'get done'.

When FDR 'got things done' by keeping people employed in a CCC or passing Social Security, it's not as if the right wing said 'way to go'.

But I'll applaud your stated interest in wanting to deal with the facts, and not just a 'party agenda'. Next step, identifying any actual goals.

For example, when I point out the *facts* of how the rich have gotten a massive increase in their income and wealth, increasing the concentration of wwalth, do you say 'great'?

Like the "fact" that Iraq was about the acquisition of oil? A lot ran with that as I recall.

Political hacks all.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

My goals:

1. Pull out of Iraq as soon as possible.
2. Draw Afghanistan down and come home.
3. Work on reducing the debt.
4. Health care reform.
5. Serious reform on Wall Street.

I'd like to see the details of precisely what constituted their wealth increase before I respond. As a core belief, I believe all people want to strive to better themselves and create more wealth for themselves. With that being said though, I have grave concerns over taxation policies on the wealthy, particularly loopholes, etc. Are they paying their fair share? That is my concern.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider

Like the "fact" that Iraq was about the acquisition of oil? A lot ran with that as I recall.

Political hacks all.

Selective Retention...
just like
Selective Hearing...

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So are CBS and NBC. It is so obvious an idiot could see it.

However, for some reason TIME has a beef with O'Bammah. Maybe they are afraid O'Bammah's staff and his marxists appointees at the FCC.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Originally posted by: Nebor
This forum used to have a strong conservative bias. It swings back and forth, based largely on how successful the latest iteration of the Windows operating system is.

That explains everything! Vista sucks and the libs run amok! :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider

Political hacks all.

Oil plays a central role in Iraq policy, for close to a century now, for England and us.

Just because one narrow issue on oil isn't correct, doesn't change the role of oil.

The fact is, oil is not only in Iraq; the Middle East is a major source of oil, and Iraq has a role in the Middle East's politics beyond the Iraqi oil. Oil was one of a number of motives.

It wasn't a liberal who was audacious enough to use the acronyn OIL for the official Iraq war policy initially (Operation Iraqi Liberation).

It wasn't a liberal who sat on Dick Cheney's 'Energy Commision', whose only known documents were maps of Iraqi oil fields - before the war.

It wasn't a liberal who setthe policy that the only buildings with US forces protecting them in the invasion were the oil ministry buildings, while everything else was pillaged.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider ~~~~

Political hacks all.

I'm thinking you never read Paul O'Neill's, "The Price of Loyalty"

The Bush administration began planning to use U.S. troops to invade Iraq within days after the former Texas governor entered the White House ... cited a Pentagon document titled "Foreign Suitors For Iraqi Oilfield Contracts," which, he said, outlines areas of oil exploration. "It talks about contractors around the world from ... 30, 40 countries and which ones have what intentions on oil in Iraq."

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
You haven't been around here that long so you can't know. Most liberals here were just dying to pursue the war as well as the neocons. Three or maybe four of us opposed it before the fact. Not all were liberals.

It is fact that the most vocal people here are indeed liberal. I haven't a problem with that at all. Other places go the opposite way, and that's OK too. I just don't like either side when they pretend they are the be and end all. As hard as it might seem to believe I give the Republicans just as much grief when they go after Obama based on their ideology rather than his actions. I don't like partisan hacks.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

That is the stupidest steaming turd of a post I've seen in a long time. Congrats! Why don't you finally start that blog you've been dying to get off the ground? :roll:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

That is the stupidest steaming turd of a post I've seen in a long time. Congrats! Why don't you finally start that blog you've been dying to get off the ground? :roll:

:laugh: