++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7530 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I got a big box

My ears are burning!
pQZ6QaY.png

Reactions: Charmonium

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I took today off from work. Got my booster (Pfizer) shot at VA. Ate lunch at Istanbul Grill. I did my cleaning yesterday so just chill for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Got up late so the cat who is king of my backyard was waiting for me and looking pissed. Had to hurry my ass up with the food. Hehe

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
How does that work with cats?

Surprisingly my cat leaves it alone mostly. I avoid having ornaments that dangle at the bottom though so that probably helps.

But yeah some cats can really get into trouble with christmas trees lol. Some will climb right inside, and they are not the most sturdy thing so they can sometimes fall over or have ornaments get knocked out etc.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just saw this message from one school, I presume others may be the same.

"On days where student transportation is cancelled due to inclement weather, students in Grades 9 to 12 will attend their classes virtually (in-person classes not running). Virtual morning classes start at 8:50 a.m. and afternoon classes at 12:05 p.m.!
Students in High Support Programs are welcome to attend in-person or virtually."

I guess kids won't be getting snow days anymore! Well that sucks for them lol. Colleges and workplaces don't get snow days either, so welcome to the club, kids. :p

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I haven't really noticed the xmas ad onslaught yet. Some car commercials but you expect those. I can't believe so many vendors are waiting until t-day or post to shoot their wad.

Just out of curiosity, I've heard 2 etymologies for that phrase - one R-rated and one that seems to have a historical basis. Specifically, in the age of single-shot firearms, you needed to shove some wadding down the barrel to hold the ball and powder and plug up the gaps. So once you fired, you had to re-wad, so to say.