++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7208 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
And I haven't had a fast desktop in a long time, I don't have frame of reference anyway. So it is Uber fast for me

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Played two hours of outer world. It's gonna take me forever to finish it lol. Slowpoke

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm going to go to Canadian Tire as they have quite a few good sales on stuff I've been wanting to buy.

I absolutely hate going into stores at this time of year. Or just driving in general since traffic is insane. Wish me luck lol.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm going to go to Canadian Tire as they have quite a few good sales on stuff I've been wanting to buy.

I absolutely hate going into stores at this time of year. Or just driving in general since traffic is insane. Wish me luck lol.

I'm guessing that your idea of insane traffic is different from mine.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm guessing that your idea of insane traffic is different from mine.

If there is a situation where I can legally go (ex: green light, or stop sign and I stopped), but I can't because there's too many cars, that's too much traffic. Worse is this one area where there's so many intersections in one area it's very tricky to gauge where everyone is going when they're all trying to go at once. There is this random set of traffic lights (but only one side, not like a real intersection) right in the middle of it all, but it's just a bad setup all around.

I don't know how people in big cities do it day after day, I would rather eat lead traveling at high velocity.

Went to Canadian Tire today though, there was a deal too good to pass up. Lagostina cast iron grill (for use in oven) for $50, regular $169. Decided to attempt going to the grocery store after for some snacks but the snacks can wait. Tabarnak. I bailed. That parking lot was busier than the actual highway. It's nuts. Tomorrow is going to be even worse. I kind of did want some snacks for when I'll be on night shift but maybe I'll just go on a diet this Christmas. :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Crappy Tires and good deals shall never meet

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Crappy Tires and good deals shall never meet

Normally not, but $50 for a cast iron cookware like that is not too bad. Never pay regular price for anything at Canadian Tire though.

Had been thinking of getting one too, as I normally just use a regular pan with foil paper, but foil paper is pretty wasteful. Downside is the cast iron is a bit more work. I still want to push myself to start using it more though, it's just better for your health and for the environment. Non stick, or even foil is not that great for you.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Normally not, but $50 for a cast iron cookware like that is not too bad. Never pay regular price for anything at Canadian Tire though.

Had been thinking of getting one too, as I normally just use a regular pan with foil paper, but foil paper is pretty wasteful. Downside is the cast iron is a bit more work. I still want to push myself to start using it more though, it's just better for your health and for the environment. Non stick, or even foil is not that great for you.

I picked up a chest of cast iron ware from Sam's Club for like 100 bucks. Included like eight different pieces, including a Dutch oven.

Still sitting in the basement lol. And Sam's Club folded in Canada like ten years ago.

Something like this.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's a pretty good deal, but we don't really have anything like that here. $50 is still pretty decent for a Lagostina. That's a high end brand as far as regular store bought stuff goes.

Now hopefully this is something I actually keep wanting to use and not just put it in the oven drawer. :p I really want to bring myself to cook more in the new year so the instant pot and oven and such will hopefully get more use. Of course, I've been saying this for like the past 10 years lol. Maybe 2020 will be different!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's a pretty good deal, but we don't really have anything like that here. $50 is still pretty decent for a Lagostina. That's a high end brand as far as regular store bought stuff goes.

Now hopefully this is something I actually keep wanting to use and not just put it in the oven drawer. :p I really want to bring myself to cook more in the new year so the instant pot and oven and such will hopefully get more use. Of course, I've been saying this for like the past 10 years lol. Maybe 2020 will be different!

Brand doesn't matter all that much. Which line does.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Grammas house has no internets.
But Tim Hortons does.

Took me 6 hours and 30 minutes to hit Canada. No snow. No road maniacs. And it was actually quite warm when I arrived. Saw my cousins. They are still D-bags but everybody loves them. They set me up on an air matress right in front of the fireplace.
Mr. Kipper also likes to snuggle so I should be warm tonight. Though I may wake up in a pond of drool.

Its good to be here. The Canadian family takes good care of me. And I like em. Woke up early this morning and couldnt get back to sleep, so I decided to head out early. Gave me time to have lunch with the boys at a nice little place complete with drifters and alcoholic retirees. Fun times.

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FUCK NUGGETS!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Welcome to Canadaland! Sounds like you're down south, so yeah it tends to stay warm there. Even up here we don't have that much snow, maybe a foot or so.