++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7202 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Russian sounds very different than French

Yeah, it does. I know what each sounds like. A Russian national had just scored a goal and it sounded to me like the rink announcer (not the the tv guy) was speaking Russian. I did a double take and then tried to listen closer. Soon the rink announcer spoke in English. Then the light bulb went off and I assumed they spoke French at the arena before English. I think in English so the language that the rink announcer spoke was foreign to me. Not sure why it sounded Russian. The sound was muted as it was in the background.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah, it does. I know what each sounds like. A Russian national had just scored a goal and it sounded to me like the rink announcer (not the the tv guy) was speaking Russian. I did a double take and then tried to listen closer. Soon the rink announcer spoke in English. Then the light bulb went off and I assumed they spoke French at the arena before English. I think in English so the language that the rink announcer spoke was foreign to me. Not sure why it sounded Russian. The sound was muted as it was in the background.

It's Quebec. They like to pretend they are a nation.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Decided not to bother with the shed solar panels this year. They're already coated in ice and crusty snow crap from the messy weather we had a few days ago and I'll never get that off until May. Brought the battery inside and just hooked it up to my server UPS. Had a battery die a while back and never replaced it, so back to 4 big batteries now.

Eventually want to swap all that out for golf cart batteries then those batteries will go in the shed for the solar setup.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Fucking kid already cracked the screen of the moto g7 I got him on prime day. Yes phone is in a case.
Fucking less than four months.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hear the government ordered a Cybertruck and they will mount a tree stand on the roof so a hunter with a 22 can sit on it. We'll have two tanks now. The hunter will be wearing camo so no one will see him up there.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I don't know about that, they have pretty serious skidoos overthere!

BEeqht0CMAAWkHU.jpg

Reactions: bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Worse part is playing the waiting game. I don't know WHEN I will get called I just know it's today. Bet it's going to be like half an hour before it closes.