++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 6960 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Patrolled the basement with my axe today. Twice now I've heard what sounds like a crow or heron coming from the basement I think. So I finally turn the music off, grab my trusty Helko, and walk down the steps...

Throw open the door, axe at the ready, and... nothing. Check things out a bit in the basement, but I don't see anything down there. Come upstairs, and think it was maybe coming from the garage(which makes more sense), do the same thing... Axe up, door open, and nothing...

I don't know WTF's going on. A bird in the basement doesn't make sense, but I was thinking it could be some other kind of critter that sounds like a bird. A bird in the garage is definitely possible, and I had a possum in there last week, but still nothing. Maybe some kind of insect?? It's pretty loud, and has good bass response... Not sure how that sound would come from a bug, but I guess it could. Weird...
Open the basement door and lob a Molotov cocktail down there. Close the door and count to one hundred. Open the door and bring the axe down on whatever is running up the stairs. Don’t think, just swing.

Reactions: bigboxes

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
After my freshman year in college, I lived with my parents that summer. I was planning on transferring to a local university. Mother was not happy with me having lady friends over. I moved out at the start of the fall semester and never lived with my parents again. Pussy over Mom. LOL
Its not really a choice, mom doesn't want me leaving unless I have a perm FTE.

So I guess I'm stuck here (and have been since I graduated in May) until I go perm (I pray that it's before EOY).

Then move out and move in with GF

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Open the basement door and lob a Molotov cocktail down there. Close the door and count to one hundred. Open the door and bring the axe down on whatever is running up the stairs. Don’t think, just swing.
It happened again ~10 minutes ago. I went down the steps, and found... A cricket?? I guess that's it. Doesn't sound like any cricket I'm familiar with. It's got the hoarse croak of a heron, or crow when they're muttering to themselves. Not the full caw.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It happened again ~10 minutes ago. I went down the steps, and found... A cricket?? I guess that's it. Doesn't sound like any cricket I'm familiar with. It's got the hoarse croak of a heron, or crow when they're muttering to themselves. Not the full caw.

That is one. The thousand strong crickets are behind you.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Yiy8jRN.jpg

Reactions: zzuupp

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Its not really a choice, mom doesn't want me leaving unless I have a perm FTE.

So I guess I'm stuck here (and have been since I graduated in May) until I go perm (I pray that it's before EOY).

Then move out and move in with GF

Of course you have a choice. What does your mother have over you?

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Of course you have a choice. What does your mother have over you?
My issue is my current job is temporary and if I don't go perm there, I'd be stuck back at my boba shop job. With the boba shop job, it'd be very hard to live (I was making like 600 a month there).

My mother has nothing over me, I hate living here. But I don't have much of a choice tbh.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Did a bit of a cleanup in my basement and also brought in lot of tools that were in my shed. The shed was not for tools it just kinda happened that all my tools gravitated there as I worked on it lol.

The basement is kinda temp, as my end goal is to have all my tools in my garage but only once it's heated, otherwise they rust.

I actually just remembered that lot of my tools are also in the garage... gonna need to make more room in the basement for them lol. Want to try to get the garage as clear as possible so I can start working on it, maybe throughout the winter, but probably in spring/summer.