++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 2700 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well that sucked. Worked, but kept saying the hardware was unsupported. big ass watermark in corner of screen. Would not go away. I read online that I can install an update. did that. Trashed my install. Just throws me in a shell now. I figured I'd end up having to reinstall but damn.. was still hoping not to.

I'm in Linux mint now on another partition. Can't seem to get it to install. It's install, but for some reason it wont kick in. What a pain in the ass. I also need to figure out if there's a way to remove the nvidia driver, maybe that's causing an issue too, but in command line there's no package manage. I have no clue WTF the package would be called.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Also in Mint the middle mouse button does not work, that would be hard to get used to if I did switch.

I feel like saying fuck it and go back to Windows. I just hate the direction MS is going... Eventually win7 wont be supported anymore.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This is actually worse than nvidia, it wont even detect 2 monitors. Also for the display port adapters I can't put the DVI to VGA adapter because the flat pin is too big, WTF. Now I have to spend more money to get a display port to VGA adapter. I plan to eventually upgrade the two VGA monitors so was hoping to just get a DVI adapter and be done. So sick of this shit. If the nvidia cards did not keep crashing in windows I'd just give up on Linux and go with Windows. I don't get why 3 monitors is so hard to do.

Bah, I give up, back to the nvidia card till I figure something out.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Guess that's a tradeoff eh. I work 12 hour shifts. So 7pm to 7am. Sometimes 7am to 7pm, that's a tough one. Other times 8am to 5pm. With the 12 hour shifts I get lot of time off though. I've been off for 6 days. Sometimes I can even be off for 8 days. Normally it's 4 on 4 off though, but it all depends on how the scheduling works out, with vacations and stuff.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
Guess that's a tradeoff eh. I work 12 hour shifts. So 7pm to 7am. Sometimes 7am to 7pm, that's a tough one. Other times 8am to 5pm. With the 12 hour shifts I get lot of time off though. I've been off for 6 days. Sometimes I can even be off for 8 days. Normally it's 4 on 4 off though, but it all depends on how the scheduling works out, with vacations and stuff.

What do you do?

I have to get ready and go now. Surprised I'm not hungover considering how much I drank last night.......

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Network surveillance for telephone central offices. Pretty laid back job, but can't fall sleep either. :p

It's getting pretty bright out, I think I'm *really* going to bed this time. :p This is such a bad habit... lol.