++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1001 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So I rather suspect this camera would not be used all that much. Which would be an unfortunate waste of money.

On the other hand, a good DSLR, some decent glass, and I can keep it forever.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
My preference would be the D90 + 18-105 + 70-300. Covers a pretty good range, a little weak on the wide range (18*1.5=27), good long range, decent IQ, and with all the adjustable features that make a DSLR glorious.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
HEY ALFA, WAKE UP, YOU'RE BEING PAGED. IT'S A CAMERA DISCUSSION.

The Alfa signal has been lit. His spider senses are tingling.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I am a fan of Nikon. My dad still owns an F series that is about 30 years old.

:thumbsup:

I do miss film and the lack of urgency to snap the shutter. Today it's seemingly penalty free and you hear shutters clicking like machine guns everywhere. :biggrin:

Kind of makes the old saying "sleep with a photographer and see what develops" out of date. :whiste:

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
That was post #25000 for this thread.

We are now at more than one quarter the size of the mega neffing thread.

And it will get recycled before year's end because it's already slowing down the entire forum - again. :rolleyes:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
:thumbsup:

I do miss film and the lack of urgency to snap the shutter. Today it's seemingly penalty free and you hear shutters clicking like machine guns everywhere. :biggrin:

Kind of makes the old saying "sleep with a photographer and see what develops" out of date. :whiste:

I hate film, and am so glad it is dead/dying. No LCD to view in detail immediately after, make sure the shot is decent, or do you need to take another? Editing digital? Upload to computer, have at it! Sharing the picture? Laughably easy. Want to take a thousand pictures on your vacation? No problem, one large SDHC will cover it. Want to do that with film? Okay, better take 40 rolls of film. Pay to buy the film, pay to develop the film.

One would hope the photographer wraps his lens, and there wouldn't be any development issues afterwards.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
And it will get recycled before year's end because it's already slowing down the entire forum - again. :rolleyes:

It's been proven a few times, it isn't large threads that are a problem, the issue is in the servers, either their hardware or their operators.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I hate film, and am so glad it is dead/dying. No LCD to view in detail immediately after, make sure the shot is decent, or do you need to take another? Editing digital? Upload to computer, have at it! Sharing the picture? Laughably easy. Want to take a thousand pictures on your vacation? No problem, one large SDHC will cover it. Want to do that with film? Okay, better take 40 rolls of film. Pay to buy the film, pay to develop the film.

One would hope the photographer wraps his lens, and there wouldn't be any development issues afterwards.

It takes the art away from real photography. Enough said.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
It's been proven a few times, it isn't large threads that are a problem, the issue is in the servers, either their hardware or their operators.

Who was it Derek or Jason said it was.

What do I know? There are boards tens of times (maybe more) bigger than this one that load instantly all the time and don't have a "down for maint" banner all night weekly. ;)

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Nefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnefnef

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Who was it Derek or Jason said it was.

What do I know? There are boards tens of times (maybe more) bigger than this one that load instantly all the time and don't have a "down for maint" banner all night weekly. ;)

Derek Wilson used to oversee this place. Doesn't matter, he was incorrect, and your second paragraph covers the why.

Of course, to your second paragraph, I'll add - there are also VB boards that load effortlessly with far larger threads, i.e. past the 100k mark.