++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 542 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
So Alfa. Your roomate is going to be sorely disappointed when he brings hs nose up from the grindstone to find that life passed him by.

This x 1000. This happened to me and looking back, had I known what hot shit I really was, I would've had much more fun.

No kid gloves. Funny, he thinks he has something to lose by being "careful". Time to eliminate that attitude. Are you prepared to not speak to your roomate for ~6 months?

Good advice. Alfa, you guys are college kids. Your roomate has NOTHING to lose at all. If he asks a girl out, for example, and she says no, he won't starve, he won't lose his income source, and he won't burst into flames. On the other hand, she might say yes and he could get laid!

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
When you're young, you can't wait to be an adult. When you become an adult and get real responsibilities, you realize you were stupid when you were a kid wanting so badly to become an adult! :D

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
person known from school, via FB
"so i just learned the greek word for snake/serpent. sounds practically identical to "draco" - i knew i became a classics major for a reason, hp is really coming full circle these days"

FAIL.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Well, I leave you with this thought...next time you are in pulic with him, do something unexpected! Force him to react.

So last winter I lived in a 3 story apt complex. I was on the top floor. He was over and so was another friend. Well I noticed across the parking lot these girls were partying up. Just them. Well this is a college town so once winter break hits most people leave

So I walked over knocked on their door and asked if they wanted to join us. Our non existing party. Well they invited me in and I called the guys and told them to come over as well.

Well he comes over and sits for 5 mins then comes up with some bullshit excuse to leave. There was at least a 1:4 ratio of guy to girls

Wtf

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
This x 1000. This happened to me and looking back, had I known what hot shit I really was, I would've had much more fun.

Good advice. Alfa, you guys are college kids. Your roomate has NOTHING to lose at all. If he asks a girl out, for example, and she says no, he won't starve, he won't lose his income source, and he won't burst into flames. On the other hand, she might say yes and he could get laid!

Of course. This age is the perfect time to take risks. Perfect for launching your own company

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
So last winter I lived in a 3 story apt complex. I was on the top floor. He was over and so was another friend. Well I noticed across the parking lot these girls were partying up. Just them. Well this is a college town so once winter break hits most people leave

So I walked over knocked on their door and asked if they wanted to join us. Our non existing party. Well they invited me in and I called the guys and told them to come over as well.

Well he comes over and sits for 5 mins then comes up with some bullshit excuse to leave. There was at least a 1:4 ratio of guy to girls

Wtf

He did know what to say or do, I guess?

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
person known from school, via FB
"so i just learned the greek word for snake/serpent. sounds practically identical to "draco" - i knew i became a classics major for a reason, hp is really coming full circle these days"

FAIL.

hp doesn't even have an ebook version

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Erm, what happened Bane?

Oh. I fix lots of things at work, boss told me to fix a little scanner, I ended up disassembling it, he called the store and said to stop working on it, so I left him a bag of about thirty tiny parts, and a note. He apparently scribbled on the note "pay $150", and I'll be seeing him for the first time since that.

It's illegal to force me to pay or make a paycheck deduction, but I don't think he knows that, or if he does, he'll probably ignore it and figure I don't know. He could legally fire me, but I don't expect that, because then he doesn't have enough skilled people, and suffice to say, Christmas is a really really big deal for us.

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
Oh. I fix lots of things at work, boss told me to fix a little scanner, I ended up disassembling it, he called the store and said to stop working on it, so I left him a bag of about thirty tiny parts, and a note. He apparently scribbled on the note "pay $150", and I'll be seeing him for the first time since that.

It's illegal to force me to pay or make a paycheck deduction, but I don't think he knows that, or if he does, he'll probably ignore it and figure I don't know. He could legally fire me, but I don't expect that, because then he doesn't have enough skilled people, and suffice to say, Christmas is a really really big deal for us.

I think you will get a talking too, but not fired. Just take some advil before the lecture ;)