++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 541 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Not to be shallow or anything but that means a bit of confidence. I'm just tired of friends who don't have a backbone.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Sup with the roomate Alfa?

He's a good roommate but horrible when it comes to being social. He's convinced that no girl ever wants to talk to him. He also hates most good looking girls just because they look good. Literally, I was talking about a hot cashier that works on campus. He called her bitchy. Lol

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
Hmmm. The doctor is IN ;)

What are said roomates hobbies? Is he fat? What do you see as his biggest flaw?
(besides lack of confidence?)

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Hmmm. The doctor is IN ;)

What are said roomates hobbies? Is he fat? What do you see as his biggest flaw?
(besides lack of confidence?)

Hobbies: Reading
He doesn't do much besides school and work

He's super skinny.

Largest flaw? Not reading the whole story. Judging a book by it's cover

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm fat (used to be really skinny) but throughout my whole life, I lacked confidence in social situations though I was a rock star academically. Eventually, as I got older, I saw that I really didn't have time to give a shit about what others thought and all I could do was try my best. It must have worked, as I actually got a social life and finally got married.

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
Hobbies: Reading
He doesn't do much besides school and work

He's super skinny.

Largest flaw? Not reading the whole story. Judging a book by it's cover

Ah, judgemental. He feels he is being judged at all times. He probably creates barriers so no one gets too close. That is why he is so quick to judge. He is afraid to "read the whole story" because that would require him to put some effort into who/what he is looking at/into. Probably afraid to get rejected/burned

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
I'm fat (used to be really skinny) but throughout my whole life, I lacked confidence in social situations though I was a rock star academically. Eventually, as I got older, I saw that I really didn't have time to give a shit about what others thought and all I could do was try my best. It must have worked, as I actually got a social life and finally got married.

At some point, I just started realizing that conformity was not for me. I do great in social situations, as I am different in a refreshing way...I tell it like it is.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
At some point, I just started realizing that conformity was not for me. I do great in social situations, as I am different in a refreshing way...I tell it like it is.

Same here. In high school everyone knew me. I was that computer nerd but it never held me back socially. I just was different

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
So Alfa. Your roomate is going to be sorely disappointed when he brings hs nose up from the grindstone to find that life passed him by. No kid gloves. Funny, he thinks he has something to lose by being "careful". Time to eliminate that attitude. Are you prepared to not speak to your roomate for ~6 months?

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I wish I could have my youth to live over knowing what I know now. It would be much different.

Me too
So Alfa. Your roomate is going to be sorely disappointed when he brings hs nose up from the grindstone to find that life passed him by. No kid gloves. Funny, he thinks he has something to lose by being "careful". Time to eliminate that attitude. Are you prepared to not speak to your roomate for ~6 months?

haha well I never really see him. Our schedules never really line up.