++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 520 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
apparently , I missed a press release (or two). VZW is rolling out LTE here now.
[As of a few months ago, this area wasn't even on the published '11 schedule]

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Just ran geekbench on my laptop vs hackintosh

6440 macbook

12501 hackintosh

Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Washed the car!

Notes for next time:
A second waffle weave towel would be a very good thing.
I need to figure out the sheeting method better.
Too many suds, couldn't get to the actual water.

There's a lot of markings in the paint, some scratches and scrapes, including a small claw-like quad scratch over the top of the windshield that has gone all the way into the metal. Many of the overall marks cannot be removed, they're far too deep.

Clay works decently, but it can't pull out cuts in the paint (obviously), and that is what remains after.

Car is air drying the last little bit in the garage, then I'll go down and seal it. Lunch first.

Gotta figure out how to store both used and fresh clay. Already dropped a bit, it looked okay, but I obeyed the rule - throw it out. On reflection, I shouldn't have, it could've worked on the wheels.

After the car is sealed, the gym is calling to me, and then I can spend the rest of the night working on physics homework, circuits technical report, and then start learning a chapter of circuits.

Oh yeah, and the car looks amazing when it's soaking wet. :p

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Washed the car!

Notes for next time:
A second waffle weave towel would be a very good thing.
I need to figure out the sheeting method better.
Too many suds, couldn't get to the actual water.

There's a lot of markings in the paint, some scratches and scrapes, including a small claw-like quad scratch over the top of the windshield that has gone all the way into the metal. Many of the overall marks cannot be removed, they're far too deep.

Clay works decently, but it can't pull out cuts in the paint (obviously), and that is what remains after.

Car is air drying the last little bit in the garage, then I'll go down and seal it. Lunch first.

Gotta figure out how to store both used and fresh clay. Already dropped a bit, it looked okay, but I obeyed the rule - throw it out. On reflection, I shouldn't have, it could've worked on the wheels.

After the car is sealed, the gym is calling to me, and then I can spend the rest of the night working on physics homework, circuits technical report, and then start learning a chapter of circuits.

Oh yeah, and the car looks amazing when it's soaking wet. :p
I don't think there's much to reason to clay wheels, except maybe on the inside.

Just wrap the clay in some plastic and put it somewhere warm. Make sure it's dry first otherwise you'll get nasty growth.

With sheeting, you want the lowest possible water velocity coming out of the hose. Taking off the nozzle works but there is a high risk that the brass could scratch the paint. Better to have a good multi-function nozzle that has a "flood" setting.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
No one will care or notice. I had to use adapters for the 8 pin CPU power and the main motherboard power and they're not nice sleeved adapters either.

I really don't care about anyone else. I'm probably the only person to look inside. I love clean wiring :D

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
iPods came in:D

4a2ced6e-bc25-31b8.jpg