++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 299 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Just spoke to my parents, because I think they owe me about $1000 (Discover charges over the course of the summer, much of that from the vacation, I did a lot of the requested shopping). There's definitely some confusion, but my mother basically said "we'll figure it out" RE: the car.

My finances may be more restricted, but they're also so much simpler.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
The 2005 G35 came with a wide mixture of OEM wheels, including 17x7, 17x7.5, and even 17x8.

I'll bet that the x only came with the 7" wide wheels, since it comes with 215 tires.

*sigh* Fuckers.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Apparently, that model year had noted issues with motors that consumed excessive amounts of oil, some reviewers complained about squeaks and rattles in the interior, and most people note that the brakes wear out quickly.

RE: oil - requires full engine replacement, or just continually supplying the car with oil. BTDT on the constant supply, unless it requires expensive oil, not a major killer.
RE: squeaks/rattles - bothersome, but puzzling. The I30t doesn't have any squeaks, my Grand Prix sounds like it's shaking apart. I expect the G to be much closer to the I in that respect.
RE: brakes - soft pads for better braking. Since I can change them at home, again, not a major worry. Sounds like a once a year replacement, and maybe $200 tops?

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
As for tires, the car is probably the 17x7 wheels, has 215/55VR17, Tiger Uniroyal, they look pretty new. Those might succeed in winter, courtesy of AWD, but long-term, I want to put snows on the stock 17x7, and look for another old G with 17x7.5 or 17x8 wheels to put some 225 or 235 summer tires onto.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Why are my tuition costs climbing rapidly?

Maybe because they're opening five million dollar buildings/labs on a regular basis.