++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7708 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
may have to build own box since I want a few PCIE slots for USB 3.0 expansion cards. and 4U Milans are overkill for me.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Finished with my current storage upgrade. I upgraded five drives.

4TB > 10TB (x2)
4TB > 8TB (x2)
2TB > 8TB

PIiSJP8h.jpg

WR7fCsTh.png

After I was done, I had 6 drives that are no longer being used (add to the pile...LOL).

4TB HGST x2
4TB Seagate x2
2TB Samsung
2TB WD Green

RVjjEeSh.jpg

Nice. I'm due for a storage upgrade myself.

8auYzuT.png

I might break up some of my raid 10 arrays and convert them to raid 5, cheap way to gain space. :p Pain in the ass to do that though, since can't really do it live.

I also need to check that mouse trap... it's going to be gross at this point lol. The date resets every time the monitoring software has to be restarted so these alarms are way older. I actually need to fix that so it keeps track of existing alarms.

Reactions: bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Damn, I have trouble tracking stuff across three drives. Are some of those lumped into logical volumes?

View attachment 68344

I need to think about a bigger Photos drive. With two wildlife cams generating video, we're burning through space faster than ever. BTW, twenty years of photos is less than 700GB.
I store my pics long term in my Other Video drive. I've got to work on scanning my parents photos and other photo projects that I've been neglecting.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Damn, I have trouble tracking stuff across three drives. Are some of those lumped into logical volumes?

View attachment 68344

I need to think about a bigger Photos drive. With two wildlife cams generating video, we're burning through space faster than ever. BTW, twenty years of photos is less than 700GB.

Dude I have bigger scratch drive space than your total...

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My VM server only has 32GB lol. It's the max the machine supports. Been wanting to upgrade to a multi host system for a while but it's clearly not a priority. I do want to move to Proxmox or other open source solution though, it sucks having to spin up a Windows VM just to be able to manage the VM server.

I originally built this system with the intention of setting up a Windows AD environment just to keep my IT server admin knowledge sharp in case I ever go back to IT but with everything going to cloud now days it's probably pointless.