++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7580 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I went records diving at the county recorder's office this morning, going through the scanned images that haven't been indexed, just one big pile of documents ordered sequentially as recorded. Working backwards in time was going okay until about 1915, prior to which everything was handwritten instead of typed. My eyes are going to die in my skull. I could browse close to 2500 pages/hour with the typed records but only about 500 pages/hour with the hand written ones with a lot more eye strain. I'm back to 1905 now and I think I'll find what I need before I get back to 1897. Back then, the county recorder had to hand write each record. Based on the handwriting, in appears that most recorders only lasted a year or so.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
In the past 24 hours, we've had an influx of new members posting innocuous yet inane responses to old to middlin' threads. I wonder which spam farm is gearing up for an assault on our fair forum?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
In the past 24 hours, we've had an influx of new members posting innocuous yet inane responses to old to middlin' threads. I wonder which spam farm is gearing up for an assault on our fair forum?
Freedom bots

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
The Canadian Olympic team should all wear the red uniform and a Winnie the Pooh mask when they enter the stadium.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Also washed my hair. Now to wait 2+ hours for it to dry. Air drying is better for the curls. Never thought as a guy I'd be caring that much for my hair, to think I used to use store brand shampoos and call it a day. :p

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Also washed my hair. Now to wait 2+ hours for it to dry. Air drying is better for the curls. Never thought as a guy I'd be caring that much for my hair, to think I used to use store brand shampoos and call it a day. :p
Spend quality time with it while you can. :) Mine died when I was still a teenager.

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Spend quality time with it while you can. :) Mine died when I was still a teenager.

Yeah I hope it last's me! My dad started to bald in his late 30's I think and I'm getting close to that. Though on my mom's side things look good, most of my uncles have their hair and I think that's usually a good indicator.

I have a bit of a maturing hairline but it does not look like it's actively receding.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Yeah I hope it last's me! My dad started to bald in his late 30's I think and I'm getting close to that. Though on my mom's side things look good, most of my uncles have their hair and I think that's usually a good indicator.

I have a bit of a maturing hairline but it does not look like it's actively receding.
Get ready for the thinning of your hair. I don't have the "bald gene", but thinning will still come. And you'll eventually have some recession. It's just the way it is. I've seen guys my age. They don't look good.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Get ready for the thinning of your hair. I don't have the "bald gene", but thinning will still come. And you'll eventually have some recession. It's just the way it is. I've seen guys my age. They don't look good.

Seems to be highly genetic as you do see the odd old person with full head of hair.

I'm sure I have thinned to some degree though, when I was a kid my hair was insane thick. But it's still thick enough that I pull off having it long.