++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7570 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I replaced the connectors when I changed out the ignition coils in 2020. Last night, I swapped the bad ignition coil from cylinder 3 to cylinder 4 and cleared the trouble code. I didn't make it out of my apartment complex before the trouble repeated itself. I ran a scan. The misfire moved from cylinder 3 to cylinder 4. Bad coil.

Yeap. That is crap coil.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
2000 era software was the best TBH. It was clean and simplistic with no unnecessary eye candy, and it was very functional. I find stuff went downhill from there.

I still can't get used to the newer Office versions. Always have to hunt for stuff since it's harder to find everything. I use Libre Office at home and it's probably closer to 2000 and I like it that way.
I'm still using Office 2010. Well, for the 2 or 3 times per year that I need it.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
arrr just caught my fingertip between the arm rest and the table...
Ouch! I really have to be careful not to do that. I was really more of a problem with the old high-back office chair. This one is shorter and has different arm rests.

I had an interesting experience last night. I had gotten take out the day before. It's Japanese Poke (pronounced poke-ee). Then right around 5am I started coughing my head off, feeling flushed with a lot of chest congestion. It was very reminiscent of what had happened to me several weeks ago. I couldn't stop clearing my throat and at one point it felt sort of like choking. I figured it was the Rona again although I never got tested for it back in Dec. Guaifenesin/Mucinex and a cough suppressant and in about an hour so, completely better. Very, very strange.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I use some web software to text from my PC. And one of the themes that they have is green font on jet black background. It's very reminiscent of the first PC monitors not to mention mainframe terminals. It's strangely soothing. But I have so many black themed windows and tabs I almost need my glasses to find shit.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Ouch! I really have to be careful not to do that. I was really more of a problem with the old high-back office chair. This one is shorter and has different arm rests.

I had an interesting experience last night. I had gotten take out the day before. It's Japanese Poke (pronounced poke-ee). Then right around 5am I started coughing my head off, feeling flushed with a lot of chest congestion. It was very reminiscent of what had happened to me several weeks ago. I couldn't stop clearing my throat and at one point it felt sort of like choking. I figured it was the Rona again although I never got tested for it back in Dec. Guaifenesin/Mucinex and a cough suppressant and in about an hour so, completely better. Very, very strange.

That would be Hawaiian.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I made lemongrass ice cream today for the first time. With oil based flavorings, the strength is pretty even among different flavors with a quarter teaspoon per batch being standard. Not so with lemongrass oil. This stuff is overpowering, even when frozen. I might have to mix the ice cream with chicken stock and make Thai soup instead of using it as ice cream. The flavor is good, just way too strong.
Made the soup; we used a bit of the lemongrass ice cream in place of the normal coconut milk. It came out lighter than the coconut version as it takes less ice cream. We don’t use much sugar in our ice cream so the soup turned out less sweet than the coconut version as well.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Kind of a normal day. Up at 3pm. Just light enough out to require visored hat with shades and coat. Put out the new LED gazing globe. You don't really think of these as being semi-transparent or maybe translucent in some cases. But it's quite lovely. Someday I'll post a photo of all of my little lighted tchotchkes and metal, what I call 'Alice in Wonderland' flower *ahem* 'sculptures.'

It came with a bottom cap that didn't fit so I had to use some of the nontoxic school glue that I had. Smeared that around inside and gave the cap a small twist to distribute it well and it actually held, so far. Will check on it tomorrow when going for the mail.
71UF2jVd6QL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Definitely getting a few more of these but in different styles. The retaining wall along the driveway is about 60ft perpendicular (orthogonal? hehe) to the road and has 3 or 4 breaks where it gets progressively shorter. So right now the plan is to plant flowers in the rectangular window baskets sitting in the garage around mid Feb and keep them nice and toasty until late March or early April. The globes should fit nicely between them.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
There are better ways to damage your retina
I will take that under advisement. ;)

The raccoons are a little like your friendly neighborhood mafia. One night, they came up to "chat" and the leader says to me in a raspy voice obvious acquired from too many nights smoking, drinking cheap bourbon and cheating at poker, 'be a shame if something happened to that nice lawn chair. I mean sure, it's a piece of shit but you seem to like it.'

So from that night on, I make very sure that the food bowl is never, ever empty. I do sort of like that chair.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
It seems that over the summer, I bought short with cuffs. Yes, cuffs. And they're like 'hey! s'up my dude. We're cuffs. Yeah, check us out.' They have vertical white stripes on dark blue background.