++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 740 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Hehehe did you hear about a company working on a tire compound that makes no squeal when wheels spin on pavement? The ideal is if there is no squeal/chirp sound emitted drivers are less likely to drive recklessly (peel out etc.) and be safer. :D

I'll take smokeless goodyears for $1000, Alex.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
AGV has been in the industrial sector for ~30 years.
It's coming in phases to major highways. With guide (drivers) leading convoys of "follower" cars first, then come the automated systems. Next will be solo automation, etc. Still a ways off.

hopefully it will reduce my insurance rate :sneaky:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Hehehe did you hear about a company working on a tire compound that makes no squeal when wheels spin on pavement? The ideal is if there is no squeal/chirp sound emitted drivers are less likely to drive recklessly (peel out etc.) and be safer. :D

I'll take smokeless goodyears for $1000, Alex.

I doubt that makes a difference...

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
After reading through that towing thread...

Is there a way to make a car tow proof?

Even if it destroys the car it would hassle the driver for sure.

An active security system that would turn on a pump and spray urine from a doe in heat into the face of a person trying to hook a line to the undercarriage. That failing a taser pack could be shot out, etc.
Timed explosive lug studs so all the wheels fall off once it's on the roll back trailer, etc.
Take video for profit. ;)

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
After reading through that towing thread...

Is there a way to make a car tow proof?

Even if it destroys the car it would hassle the driver for sure.

An active security system that would turn on a pump and spray urine from a doe in heat into the face of a person trying to hook a line to the undercarriage. That failing a taser pack could be shot out, etc.
Timed explosive lug studs so all the wheels fall off once it's on the roll back trailer, etc.
Take video for profit. ;)

nope. forklift of sufficient capacity can just lift the car onto the flatbed.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
nope. forklift of sufficient capacity can just lift the car onto the flatbed.

Who is going to do that after getting sprayed with piss and tazered?

The cops would call the bomb squad who would blow up the car but it would blow itself up before they did. :D

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Who is going to do that after getting sprayed with piss and tazered?

The cops would call the bomb squad who would blow up the car but it would blow itself up before they did. :D

right...your boat will sink all by itself.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
my car will call for help if it is being towed/lifed without authorisation in the form of key in ignition and a button activated.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I don't actually have to work at all this week... Honestly it was an excuse to stay here a few days