++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7213 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I got a ROG from ASUS. 32 inch, 144hz, 2560x1440.
But its not HDR and I'm quite jealous. May have to kick your ass.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Night shifts officially over. Even managed to get up early after my last one (this morning). I was debating on whether I try to just stay up but I felt I would not last long so went straight to bed as usual but set several alarms after noon. One of them ended up waking me up properly.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I just realized I seriously don't remember the last time I saw actual sun. I'm seeing daylight for the first time in about a week, but as far as sun goes, I don't remember what that even looks like. Supposedly it's bright enough to cast shadows?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I still need to go see it. The challenge is finding someone to go see it with...

As a side note I think we're due for a new video format so they can re-release all of Star Wars again. :p PurpleRay, now even more HD than Bluray!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I still need to go see it. The challenge is finding someone to go see it with...

As a side note I think we're due for a new video format so they can re-release all of Star Wars again. :p PurpleRay, now even more HD than Bluray!

Knowing Disney I bet they will not adopt any new media formats. I suspect they will soon insist on a streaming service so they can bill you every month for the rest of your life.

Remember, Disney was the company that fought against home video entirely for profit reasons.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Knowing Disney I bet they will not adopt any new media formats. I suspect they will soon insist on a streaming service so they can bill you every month for the rest of your life.

Remember, Disney was the company that fought against home video entirely for profit reasons.

Actually I could see that now that they have a streaming service. We've pretty much gone full circle now. People left cable because they didn't want to pay for channels they didn't watch and have to pay extra for channels they want. Streaming came along and for only 8 bucks a month you could watch virtually anything.... now there's all these different services and they all want exclusive rights to certain things so you have to sub to each one. Yeah I'm not falling for that one.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Actually I could see that now that they have a streaming service. We've pretty much gone full circle now. People left cable because they didn't want to pay for channels they didn't watch and have to pay extra for channels they want. Streaming came along and for only 8 bucks a month you could watch virtually anything.... now there's all these different services and they all want exclusive rights to certain things so you have to sub to each one. Yeah I'm not falling for that one.

I download shows and watch them when I want. I currently have PlayStation Vue (no PlayStation). Vue is stopping service on January 30. I'm thinking of YouTube TV. But with my wife passing, I may just cut the cord entirely. I have Plex and all the media that I "collect". I currently share with my sister across the country. I can find streams to most sporting events online.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I download shows and watch them when I want. I currently have PlayStation Vue (no PlayStation). Vue is stopping service on January 30. I'm thinking of YouTube TV. But with my wife passing, I may just cut the cord entirely. I have Plex and all the media that I "collect". I currently share with my sister across the country. I can find streams to most sporting events online.

My plex has 64TB :awe:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

That's pretty much what I do too. I like the convenience and I like that it's not relying on the internet being up. If my internet goes down chances are one of the things I'll want to do is watch stuff, so it's nice to have it local.

Reactions: bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I finally did my driveway, been lazy for the past few weeks and was not bothering. The plow went by last night so I kinda had to. I try to avoid driving over that even if I have a truck as it packs it down.